Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,024 times

Advertisements

Hey, my wife and I are thinking about moving to Parker and planting a church and I was wondering a couple of things:
1. What kind of church is needed in the area?
2. What would be the most important things to you if you were to attend?

Thanks for any feed back that you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2006, 10:36 PM

648 posts, read 2,939,839 times
Hey, I don't live in Parker. But I think that alot of people are wanting a Church that is verse by verse. That the worship is upbeat, but not too charismatic. Also, Youth programs are good aswell. What kinda church are you planning on? bashep

Old 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
For us, we still like the very "traditional" type church and Sunday Service. What we mean by "traditional" is, a one hour Service, no church band playing and not all that standing and singing hymns like is done now.....and FRIENDLY!
When I lived on a farm in Indiana, the Christian church I went to had only two Services: one early at 8AM and the other at 10AM. We most always went to the early one. No church band or long sessions of singing hymns. Just normal Sunday church services.
We attended, a few times, a church in Parker, but the first service had mostly senior's in it. It was a nice "traditional" service, but we wanted more people around our age bracket (50's, early 60's). We went to the second service once and the congregation was made up of primarily young adults with children. The atmosphere didn't seem that friendly at all.......like a church should be. But, then again, the major part of the congregations were made up of young adults that had no interest in the "oldie" people, like us.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:05 PM

8 posts, read 40,412 times
Hey LOVEBOATING,

I'm sure your service is very lively and exciting for young people when you sit there and listen to a guy talk. The purpose of singing and music is to glorify God and bring a spirit of worship. In the Bible God instructs us to praise Him with song and dance and on the instruments.
If you don't like singing songs to God, you better reconsider Heaven, because that's what you're gonna be doing there. In the Bible the angels hover around the throne of God and do nothing but sing "holy, holy, our Lord God, Almighty, Who was and is and is to come."

Old 01-03-2007, 02:00 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver80134 View Post
Hey LOVEBOATING,

I'm sure your service is very lively and exciting for young people when you sit there and listen to a guy talk. The purpose of singing and music is to glorify God and bring a spirit of worship. In the Bible God instructs us to praise Him with song and dance and on the instruments.
If you don't like singing songs to God, you better reconsider Heaven, because that's what you're gonna be doing there. In the Bible the angels hover around the throne of God and do nothing but sing "holy, holy, our Lord God, Almighty, Who was and is and is to come."
Gzellers, please don't judge all of us by the example of the previous poster -- I'm sure those with that kind of attitude would be few and far between among those who might be interested in your congregation in Parker.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:36 PM

616 posts, read 3,004,130 times
He came across a bit strong, but he is correct in that it should be a "praise and worship" service. There should be some singing and praising going on and not just listening to someone say a sermon. The Bible has numerous examples of music (and even dancing) being used to praise and worship God. If a church wants to include the younger generations in its congregation, music is an important way to do so. Without it, it will be a dying church of old timers.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 PM

2 posts, read 9,292 times
Default Parker Church Plant

The Evangelical Free Church has Parker on their potential plant list. http://www.plantingchurches.com/app/w_page.php?id=6&type=section (broken link)

There are 4-5 new plant churches in Castle Rock, but nothing in the Southeast Parker/Franktown area.

Douglas County has been called the "Church Planter's Graveyard" - there have been a dozen or so church plant failures in the past 10 years.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM

5 posts, read 22,084 times
Talking Religious Science Church in Parker

I know these threads are a little old but I thought that in case anyone read them from time to time I would answer their question.
Yes, there is a religious science community in Parker. It is called Center of Awakening. We have just celebrated our 5th year. Right now we are meeting in a junior high school down the road from Ponderosa High School on Bayou Gulch. Sagewood Middle School. We meet every Sunday at 10 am. Our Spiritual Advisor is the Rev Dr. Vern Martin. please see our website. Center of Awakening: Religious Science Church
Blessings and namaste'
Deb

Ps
I love it there-going on Sunday fills my spirit. It ends my week and starts my week in joy. I have taken many classes and have developed a family there. We are not the size of Mile High but 30 years ago, Mile High was this small and I like it small.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 04-28-2008 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: solciting/advertising is not allowed

Old 04-29-2008, 08:09 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
What is a "church plant"? Starting a new one?

Most of the churches in the city (Denver itself) are more traditional, many more liberal/open-minded. Ours is large, old, has great music via pipe organ and choir, traditional liturgy, and a mixture of older peopel and young families. Personally I don't go for the "mega church", or the evangelical type of church with the band and hands flailing in the air.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,978 times
Default NEW CHURCH PLANT- Discovery Church; Parker!

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to drop a quick comment and let you all know that we are starting a new church in Parker, CO called "Discovery Church." We are in the early stages of this exciting new church and are very hungry for feedback, input, comments, and anything else that is on your mind.

My wife and I have lived in Parker, CO for going on four years, and we call this wonderful town "home." Discovery Church will have 3 primary missional focuses: 1. Strategically reach the un-churched and de-churched living in Parker, CO 2. Intentionally strengthen families in Parker, CO 3. Multiply ourselves as individuals and as a church through intentional relationships and church multiplication initiatives.

I would love to talk more with you about Discovery Church and how you can be involved in something new and exciting. Feel free to contact me and we could get together down at Twenty Mile coffee house- Josh (the owner) is a friend of mine and a GREAT GUY, plus, he lives in Parker!

God's Blessing,

Jon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver