Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,937,557 times

Advertisements

Old South Pearl area in Platt Park, or old Englewood/Swedish Hospital area or even Main Street Littleton might be what you're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 AM

739 posts, read 2,941,560 times
I agree with Platt Park/DU area (west side of DU, streets like Corona, Clarkson, Pearl, Logan, if you are looking at Craiglist). Plenty of nightlife, pubs and walkable to light rail and a quick hop to downtown.
I'd also say the northern side of Lodo- Nodo I thinkthey are calling it? or Highlands (not highlands ranch) may work but not sure of prices...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
S. Gaylord (S. of Evans) has tons of apts.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,071,225 times
Nothing else like LoDo in the Denver Metro area (and many other cities are trying to replicate it), however, based on your needs, I would look into Capitol Hill. I live there and can easily do everything you are wanting, and more. Plus, it is a short walk to downtown and all that comes with urban living. You will have to do some hunting with the living but turn over of apartments is high and condo costs are dropping in sections due to foreclosures. Check out what HUD has to offer if you are interested in buying. You will be happy with Capitol Hill, buying or renting. Many apartments around Cheeseman on the north side and many students live on Poet's Row on Sherman and 10th. All the buildings are named after famous poets are all arts deco style. It is one block away from all the night life on Broadway and Lincoln, the other area that the nightlife exists outside of LoDo. Best Wishes!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:01 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,690,061 times
hey OP I know what you are looking for! It's out there. We are kind of looking for the same thing. There are tons of buildings along Speer, in Cherry Creek, Wash Park, Congress Park, Cheeseman Park, etc. These areas are much cheaper than the new Lodo lofts, but are very close to downtown. We are looking here because we want pretty much what you described.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:03 PM

oops sorry, sort of crossed with DenverAztec. Ditto on what he says too. I lived on Capitol Hill for 15 years and miss it greatly. Although it seems too young for me now, I'm 35. But you are young so it'd be perfect for you!!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:06 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,937,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblair View Post
I have about 1k to spend for a 2 bedroom with some kind of secure parking preferrably newer construction/planned area.
I also agree that Capitol Hill is likely in your price range and may have what you're looking for.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
oops sorry, sort of crossed with DenverAztec. Ditto on what he says too. I lived on Capitol Hill for 15 years and miss it greatly. Although it seems too young for me now, I'm 35. But you are young so it'd be perfect for you!!
LOL! I am 41 and Capitol Hill/Governor's Park is still the place for me! No kids of course, then my life would become their's. Which would mean moving to the burbs. Washington Park, Alamo Placita Park, Governor's Park are more typical of those in there late 20s to 40s in age. North, central and east Capitol Hill are younger. You would still totally fit in wanttomoveeast and I would say hi to you on the street even! LOL.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 PM

oh boy, exactly why we don't have kids and exactly why buying a townhome in Thornton was stoooopid. As soon as we sell we are coming back. I was married at Alamo Placita park. Our last building was the Liongate, before that Governor's Plaza. We want that again, pool and gym and parking. Where to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
LOL! I am 41 and Capitol Hill/Governor's Park is still the place for me! No kids of course, then my life would become their's. Which would mean moving to the burbs. Washington Park, Alamo Placita Park, Governor's Park are more typical of those in there late 20s to 40s in age. North, central and east Capitol Hill are younger. You would still totally fit in wanttomoveeast and I would say hi to you on the street even! LOL.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Thornton has some nice views of Denver, but nothing like being in the city! Best wishes for a quick sale of the townhome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver