U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:14 AM

4 posts, read 5,449 times

Advertisements

Yep, seem to be alot like me on here moving to denver. So anyway on with my questions. Im 22, LOVE the LoDo area and like a lot of people, I cant afford it. So looking for something LIKE lodo on the outskirts of denver. I.E- Be able to walk to get a coffee in the morning or run to the corner market and pick up some milk and then at night be able to go drink without worrying about driving home. But then come weekend be able to catch the light rail into the city and be from doorstep to nightlife within 15-20 minutes. I have about 1k to spend for a 2 bedroom with some kind of secure parking preferrably newer construction/planned area.

Anyone know of some kind of magical area like this or am I just dreaming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 AM

5,471 posts, read 14,396,510 times
What do you mean "like Lodo"? LoDo is a basically a former warehouse district turned bar and club scene with a baseball stadium and new urbanist condos. I fail to see how anything on the "outskirts" of Denver, or the outskirts of any city, for that matter, would resemble LoDo. If all you want is a place where you can walk to get coffee, pretty much any of Denver's historic neighborhoods and old suburban towns (Littleton, Englewood, Arvada, etc) would do the trick. If by walk to coffee you mean Starbucks, and "corner market" you mean King Soopers, you could live in pretty anywhere in the metro area and have that covered.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 AM

4 posts, read 5,449 times
Just the "feel" of lodo is what im looking for (guess that dosent really make sence either). more like a place with a smaller downtown shops steps away from your door kinda deal. No idea what king soopers is but if its a grocery store then...yes. Littleton area looks promising im gonna search around there. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:09 AM

26,362 posts, read 55,891,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblair View Post
LOVE the LoDo area and like a lot of people, I cant afford it.....

Be able to walk to get a coffee in the morning ..... be able to go drink without worrying about driving home.
Maybe this is why you can't afford it? Starbucks every day and bar tabs so high you can't drive? That's $300-$500 a month right there.

Get an espresso machine for $50 and make your own (I do; most caffeine per dollar); Buy booze at liquor outlets and do what George Thorogood does....

Thorogood George lyrics- I Drink Alone

Old 04-16-2008, 10:04 AM

676 posts, read 1,912,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Maybe this is why you can't afford it? Starbucks every day and bar tabs so high you can't drive? That's $300-$500 a month right there.

Get an espresso machine for $50 and make your own (I do; most caffeine per dollar); Buy booze at liquor outlets and do what George Thorogood does....

While thats thrifty and all, but most 22 year old people wanna see and drink with other people mostly.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 AM

8,177 posts, read 16,209,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
While thats thrifty and all, but most 22 year old people wanna see and drink with other people mostly.
Probably why so many of 'em are broke and in foreclosure before they're 40 . . .

Old 04-16-2008, 10:28 AM

17,378 posts, read 24,638,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Maybe this is why you can't afford it? Starbucks every day and bar tabs so high you can't drive? That's $300-$500 a month right there. Get an espresso machine for $50 and make your own (I do; most caffeine per dollar); Buy booze at liquor outlets and do what George Thorogood does....

Charles SPEAKS TRUTH! I love Thorogood! I buy beans at Starbucks and make my own.

TBlair: Check the index or use the search tool with key words like Capitol Hill, Washington Park, and Lodo for discussions of similar places. There are more but my synapses don't fire like they used to, too much beer in my youth.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:33 AM

4,267 posts, read 3,086,808 times
Check out the DU area. It's full of college students, restaraunts and bars and has lightrail.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM

676 posts, read 1,912,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Probably why so many of 'em are broke and in foreclosure before they're 40 . . .
Lol Maybe they should put warnings on the entrances to bars and clubs: Warning this establishment has been known to cause foreclosure, enter at own risk

Old 04-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Status: "60th anniversary of the polio vaccine! Hail to Pitt!" (set 9 days ago)

70,043 posts, read 60,574,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi View Post
Check out the DU area. It's full of college students, restaraunts and bars and has lightrail.
I second that. My DD in grad school (not at DU) lives there. Neat area. I wouldn't mind living there myself if I were younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver