Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2019, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 1,613 times

Advertisements

Currently in Bozeman Montana. Been working in construction for most of my life. Framing, drywall finishing, hardwood flooring, deck building, etc...

Anywhos, I'm growing bored of the life in Bozeman. It's a great place to retire. It's a great place to visit. I, however, am unbearably bored. Denver is near the top of my list.

So I'm looking at areas to live that would do well for someone who is in the construction trades. I spent a year in Portland, and was born and raised in San Diego, so I know that there will be ungodly traffic no matter where I live, but I would like to minimize that as much as possible.

Also, if anyone has any leads on good companies to work for, I would be very grateful. My ideal job would be something on the quirky side. Building tree houses, tiny homes, shipping container homes, etc. Not a necessity by any means, but something a-typical would be awesome.

Please and thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Why not move to Lexington, Kentucky?

Old 09-09-2019, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 1,613 times
Because humidity is the devil.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
I'd live close but not in Boulder. Highest wages and plenty of quirky.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:40 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
I'd live close but not in Boulder. Highest wages and plenty of quirky.
This. If you could find a way to live in Nederland and work in Boulder, you'd be living the quirky dream.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Construction is happening all over Denver. Just pick a neighborhood that you like and that you can afford. You really shouldn’t have trouble finding construction work in Denver.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:46 PM

7 posts, read 3,908 times
I am looking for a small home builder lol. I just created a post a few days ago. Apparently it's hard to find builders in Denver who are willing to build a small, single family or smaller residential home. But what do I know?

I moved back to Denver a few weeks ago (lived here from 2010-2016) and will be looking to purchase a home in the next 6-12 months +

Ironically, I just moved from Portland myself. I think Montana is great (like CO just less people) and I think you'll find a lot of similarities between PDX and Montana, in Denver.

Depending on where you work, traffic might not be that bad. If you can avoid the highways, you should be OK in general. Not as bad as a bad day in Portland, and likely San Diego (although I can't say from personal experience).

I wish I could help with a job, but if your in Construction I honestly don't think you'd have trouble finding something. As someone else mentioned, stuff is getting built all the time in and around the surrounding areas.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zillamachine View Post
I am looking for a small home builder lol. I just created a post a few days ago. Apparently it's hard to find builders in Denver who are willing to build a small, single family or smaller residential home. But what do I know?
If you up your budget to a million you will have no problem finding a builder.

Construction work is very expensive in Denver (great for the OP) so small jobs on a tight budget are tough to make work. For the under $500k market I would recommend buying a fixer in a great location and doing as much of the work yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver