Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 10:37 AM

618 posts, read 1,366,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkens View Post
Is the traffic on Hwy 36 worse headed eastbound or westbound in the morning, and visa versa in the evening? If your husband avoids 36 altogether, how does he get from Sloan's Lake to Broomfield?
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 10:47 AM

27 posts, read 23,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie Daugie View Post
Yes.
yes traffic is worse westbound in the morning, or yes traffic is worse eastbound in the morning on 36?

Old 02-26-2020, 11:37 AM

7,515 posts, read 13,621,554 times
Quote:
yes traffic is worse westbound in the morning, or yes traffic is worse eastbound in the morning on 36?
1 Yes = Both. There is as much rush-hour traffic Boulder bound as Denver bound. For 4 years I commuted Broomfield to south Denver (I-25 & Colorado Blvd). EB US36 approaching I-25 was always stop & go in the morning. In winter commute could easily double, would often divert to side streets.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:53 AM

If Lakewood is out, then consider Golden. 6th Av is straight shot to Fed Ctr, and Hwy 93 is straight to see folks in Boulder

Check this house on 9,000 sq ft lot
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-43750?view=qv

It appears to be 1 block outside Lakewood city limits ;-)

Old 02-26-2020, 11:57 AM

27 posts, read 23,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
If Lakewood is out, then consider Golden. 6th Av is straight shot to Fed Ctr, and Hwy 93 is straight to see folks in Boulder

Check this house on 9,000 sq ft lot
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-43750?view=qv

It appears to be 1 block outside Lakewood city limits ;-)
Interesting suggestion, great commute time. Unfortunately, like so many neighborhoods near Lakewood, that elementary school is not going to cut it.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:00 PM

BTW, be careful of relying on mailing addresses & Zip Codes in regard to what city a home is really in(or in unincorporated area). In the Denver area, there are many overlapping Zip Codes.

IE, parts of Westminster have a Broomfield mailing address. Probably 5 or 6 towns have an Englewood Zip. Parts of Thornton have a Denver Zip.

School districts can be confusing also. City of Broomfield straddles 5 districts.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:09 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,817,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
BTW, be careful of relying on mailing addresses & Zip Codes in regard to what city a home is really in(or in unincorporated area).
No kidding.
My ZIP code of 80212 encompasses chunks of: Denver, Wheat Ridge, Mountain View, Lakeside and unincorporated AdamsCounty.

Old 02-26-2020, 03:01 PM

2,478 posts, read 2,700,228 times
Quote:
I don't mind the snow in and of itself, I drive a vehicle that can handle any road conditions. However, I do mind when the snow stops up traffic and that impedes my commute. Any sense of how much a traffic jam the weather causes going in and out of Evergreen? As a separate option, do you think the commute from Superior/Broomfield (around Flatirons mall area) would be too far to drive to the federal center?
Yes, its the traffic as a result of the snow, accidents only make things worse. There are only two ways in and out of Evergreen. One is a winding canyon, the other is the interstate. Pick your poison in snow.

As far as commutes go, I used to have about a 45 minute total commute into work. On snow days, it was probably closer to 65-70 minutes. On really bad snow days, close to 2 hours.

I moved closer to work and my total commute was about 20 minutes and weather really didn't matter since I was on side streets the whole time. My life vastly improved. Move somewhere close.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:02 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,668,226 times
Wilkens, you could just look at commute times on the local tv stations. I remember they used to have "traffic on the 8s" where they would show drive times on the various highways and roads through town. They show traffic flows in both directions, so you would get an idea of real travel times.

Agree with COcheesehead. My drive time (when I was working) in a different area of town could easily go from 45 minutes to two hours, just because of traffic backups from the other drivers on the road.

Old 02-26-2020, 05:21 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
Quote:
I'm moving from DC but I'm from Fort Collins. I agree with you generally on living close to work since we only have one commute, but I am not a fan of Lakewood. So I'm trying to find the best options that aren't Lakewood.

I was born and raised in DC. I live in Lakewood. I would suggest you visit some houses in your price range in Lakewood. I think you may change your mind. I don't know what you have seen or when...

Maybe the city of Golden or Morrison proper, maybe Applewood. I like Sloan's Lake too. I am a big fan of water.

Broomfield would be terrible too. Take a look at Waze at 10 am/7 pm your time, it will give you an idea of "normal" commute times.

You can also think about light rail to the Federal Center.

If you want a reverse commute, live east of the Fed Center.

I'll be in MD on Friday for the weekend. Are the Cherry Blossoms in bloom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver