Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 04:46 PM

131 posts, read 295,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s a pretty good mix of ages. There are a lot of college kids but also a lot of families, young professionals, older people, etc. The surrounding neighborhoods of Rosedale/Harvard Gulch and Platt Park are also very much worth looking into. The zip code for all of those areas is 80210. Englewood just south of this area is also an option worth considering. I personally prefer NE Englewood as it’s walkable, close to Denver and has some nice parks. SW Englewood is also nice (near Belleview Park).
This is great info because I was curious about these areas and I see some homes in my range. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 08:58 AM

824 posts, read 705,177 times
buy next to a lite rail station. Be picky; like the Evans station, park & ride never fills up but not all the trains go that far south on weekends and the odd hours.

I am NOT associated with these people but:
if your interested in a tiny 80210 condo ck out Lincoln and Asbury, the NW corner. New medium quality construction.

Old 08-07-2020, 09:41 PM

I spent 4 days in denver and looked at real estate all over. Really lovely city. The traffic was a lot less stressful than Miami. I got to the mountains on a Sunday at 10Am in 35 minutes (Idaho Springs).

The weather was amazing the entire time.

Areas I liked :

Sloans lake and up to Berkely - awesome neighborhoods. Peaceful and easy access to parks and shops.

I also liked the South area around DU and north Englewood. Also Washington Park. I believe I ate in Platte Park - there was a little street with a bunch of shops and little places to eat. Found a cool taco place there.

Driving down Speer and seeing the mansion neighborhoods was cool too.

I could easily see myself living in one of these areas. Ill probably rent first unless I find a can't miss situation.

Have to say I'm really impressed with how awesome the basements are in some of these homes. You can easily fit family and friends in them.

Other stuff - spots I did not like as much:

Baker - I could hang out here, but not my thing for buying a house.
East Denver near the city- driving down 17th was amazing of course. Looked like a picture out of a storybook. But those are multi-million dollar homes and the more affordable neighborhoods did not really grab me.
Off broadway neighborhoods in Englewood. A little grungy to me. Not bad, but I prefer the NE side of Englewood near the Hospital and headed towards Harvard Gulch.
Lakewood -Didnt like that area either.

University Hills near Colorado st. Felt a little bleh. I saw an amazing Townhouse there and wished it was in a different location.

I also loved the Rino area but im not sure I'd want to live there. I really want a 2 bedroom house and a basement and a little yard. Of course lots of people do so those things go quick.

My favorite area was north of Sloans lake right off the park. I loved it there. One house I looked at was so cool and in my range - it was pending before I could even make an offer..lol. Such a great location though

Anyway just some random thoughts. It is pretty shocking to go to Denver from FL. A culture shock for me. People are so relaxed and friendly in comparison to where I live.

Old 08-08-2020, 07:58 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,195,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLguy View Post
I spent 4 days in denver and looked at real estate all over. Really lovely city. The traffic was a lot less stressful than Miami. I got to the mountains on a Sunday at 10Am in 35 minutes (Idaho Springs).

The weather was amazing the entire time.

Areas I liked :

Sloans lake and up to Berkely - awesome neighborhoods. Peaceful and easy access to parks and shops.

I also liked the South area around DU and north Englewood. Also Washington Park. I believe I ate in Platte Park - there was a little street with a bunch of shops and little places to eat. Found a cool taco place there.

Driving down Speer and seeing the mansion neighborhoods was cool too.

I could easily see myself living in one of these areas. Ill probably rent first unless I find a can't miss situation.

Have to say I'm really impressed with how awesome the basements are in some of these homes. You can easily fit family and friends in them.

Other stuff - spots I did not like as much:

Baker - I could hang out here, but not my thing for buying a house.
East Denver near the city- driving down 17th was amazing of course. Looked like a picture out of a storybook. But those are multi-million dollar homes and the more affordable neighborhoods did not really grab me.
Off broadway neighborhoods in Englewood. A little grungy to me. Not bad, but I prefer the NE side of Englewood near the Hospital and headed towards Harvard Gulch.
Lakewood -Didnt like that area either.

University Hills near Colorado st. Felt a little bleh. I saw an amazing Townhouse there and wished it was in a different location.

I also loved the Rino area but im not sure I'd want to live there. I really want a 2 bedroom house and a basement and a little yard. Of course lots of people do so those things go quick.

My favorite area was north of Sloans lake right off the park. I loved it there. One house I looked at was so cool and in my range - it was pending before I could even make an offer..lol. Such a great location though

Anyway just some random thoughts. It is pretty shocking to go to Denver from FL. A culture shock for me. People are so relaxed and friendly in comparison to where I live.
If you came back to Denver from Idaho Spgs. at 5p or so on Sun. how long was that drive?

Old 08-08-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
If you came back to Denver from Idaho Spgs. at 5p or so on Sun. how long was that drive?
I did actually come back at that time - 30 minutes roughly.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
It’s a pretty good mix of ages. There are a lot of college kids but also a lot of families, young professionals, older people, etc. The surrounding neighborhoods of Rosedale/Harvard Gulch and Platt Park are also very much worth looking into. The zip code for all of those areas is 80210. Englewood just south of this area is also an option worth considering. I personally prefer NE Englewood as it’s walkable, close to Denver and has some nice parks. SW Englewood is also nice (near Belleview Park).
Just wanted to say that you have been dead on in your description of these areas. Ill definitely be reading more of your posts here. Coming back from Denver and rereading what you said, we definitely have similar taste in areas.

Old 08-09-2020, 11:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Just wanted to say that you have been dead on in your description of these areas. Ill definitely be reading more of your posts here. Coming back from Denver and rereading what you said, we definitely have similar taste in areas.
Glad you found the info useful. Feel free to ask more about any specific areas you’re interested in. Also glad you had a good trip and gained some more insight into the area. I do have very similar views, opinions, likes and dislikes on all the areas that you mentioned in your summary of your visit.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Glad you found the info useful. Feel free to ask more about any specific areas you’re interested in. Also glad you had a good trip and gained some more insight into the area. I do have very similar views, opinions, likes and dislikes on all the areas that you mentioned in your summary of your visit.
I was curious your thoughts on Highlands Ranch. I know it is more of a cookie cutter suburb, but some of the homes there are amazing for 450-550k compared to the areas I am looking at. I screwed up and should have gone out there but I did not have the time.

I guess like the thread says I am still torn between having a newer home with some decent size (dont need a huge yard) and living in a more vibrant area.

My logic here is that the homes in the areas I like near the city are priced pretty high and dont seem like great investments for what they are (older, smaller, some are duplexes and they all are lacking something or have a shared bathroom). Homes in the more southwest section of Englewood are a better value, but the neighborhoods are a bit grungy and not my thing. I love University Park, but the homes I like there are at the top of my range and I feel like spending that much is a big risk.

May take me a while to figure this out. If I had a 1m budget, it would be a little easier..lol.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
I was curious your thoughts on Highlands Ranch. I know it is more of a cookie cutter suburb, but some of the homes there are amazing for 450-550k compared to the areas I am looking at. I screwed up and should have gone out there but I did not have the time.

I guess like the thread says I am still torn between having a newer home with some decent size (dont need a huge yard) and living in a more vibrant area.

My logic here is that the homes in the areas I like near the city are priced pretty high and dont seem like great investments for what they are (older, smaller, some are duplexes and they all are lacking something or have a shared bathroom). Homes in the more southwest section of Englewood are a better value, but the neighborhoods are a bit grungy and not my thing. I love University Park, but the homes I like there are at the top of my range and I feel like spending that much is a big risk.

May take me a while to figure this out. If I had a 1m budget, it would be a little easier..lol.
I like the idea of Highlands Ranch mainly because the housing prices and I also like that they have nice Rec centers but anytime I go there, I realize that I don’t ever want to live there. It’s very cookie cutter, with strip malls. I’m not a fan at all and I even have kids so should be their target market.

Did you check out Littleton, 80210 area? It’s similar to Englewood but not quite as much of the grunginess and bit quieter with a really nice downtown. If I wanted more house for my money I’d look there as well as Western Centennial 80121, 80122 as well as 80123 (littleton). I like the older part of Littleton (80120) the best but these areas are not too far off the beaten path and offer a lot more bang for your buck. I’d consider those before HR.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I like the idea of Highlands Ranch mainly because the housing prices and I also like that they have nice Rec centers but anytime I go there, I realize that I don’t ever want to live there. It’s very cookie cutter, with strip malls. I’m not a fan at all and I even have kids so should be their target market.

Did you check out Littleton, 80210 area? It’s similar to Englewood but not quite as much of the grunginess and bit quieter with a really nice downtown. If I wanted more house for my money I’d look there as well as Western Centennial 80121, 80122 as well as 80123 (littleton). I like the older part of Littleton (80120) the best but these areas are not too far off the beaten path and offer a lot more bang for your buck. I’d consider those before HR.
Ok great, thank you. I will check them out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver