Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 02:53 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,158,655 times

Advertisements

Well, the first business I will miss has closed... Bent Fork Grill in NW Aurora has folded. They will be keeping the Loveland branch open, but that's too far for me to go, even for great American kwazeen.

Funny, I'd think it would be the other way around, but I guess there's less competition up there and the Aurora site was too cramped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 10:04 PM

11,812 posts, read 34,265,174 times
A ton of retail and restaurants. It’s very sad.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:17 PM

1,308 posts, read 1,998,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Well, the first business I will miss has closed... Bent Fork Grill in NW Aurora has folded. They will be keeping the Loveland branch open, but that's too far for me to go, even for great American kwazeen.

Funny, I'd think it would be the other way around, but I guess there's less competition up there and the Aurora site was too cramped.
Another good place to try now that Bent Fork is closed is Cody's Cafe & Bar or Betella Bisto both are close to Big 5 on Iliff/Parker or Lamar Donuts. Both are on Iliff between Havana/Parker. Good luck.

Old 07-26-2020, 11:21 AM

1,222 posts, read 1,266,744 times
Restaurants, especially those that depend on liquor/bar sales for profit.

Dedicated bars and nightclubs.

Movie theatres.

Live performances - plays, musicals, concerts, etc.

Non-essential retail. (Hard to justify that 17th Coach bag in the middle of a pandemic.)

Conferences, annual meetings, educational symposia, milestone celebrations.

Every single public speaker whose income came from speaking at the above.

Hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs.

Air travel and everything related to it.

Amusement parks. (Most concepts of "amusement" in our society depend on the interactions and involvement of other humans near us.)

It doesn't take too much to think all this through. Any business that depends on people being close together and/or great numbers of people for the business model to work...will not survive if we don't get a vaccine and/or therapeutics and/or cure in six months. America in 2023 will look unbelievably different if this virus is still around.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:47 PM

11,812 posts, read 34,265,174 times
Crave Burgers in HR.

We are sad to announce the closing of the Highlands Ranch store. The hardest part is going to be missing the team that's worked so hard for so long together. We've become more like family. We will also miss the relationships we've made with our guests. You all made it possible, so THANK YOU! Please continue to support your local independent businesses; we need you now more than ever.
When you need to satisfy your Crave-ing, come see us in Castle Rock or Colorado Springs.
The Crave Team.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
When you need to satisfy your Crave-ing, come see us in Castle Rock or Colorado Springs.
Again, I am surprised that the more remote/smaller town stores survive and the metroburb ones don't.

Too much competition? Too large a percentage of the population on reduced budgets?

It's going to be very odd to have to drive to the outlying towns to dine.

Old 07-31-2020, 04:50 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
I would guess lower rents for the locations that are staying open and other costs are relatively fixed without as much variation by location so better ROI in those areas

Old 07-31-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I would guess lower rents for the locations that are staying open and other costs are relatively fixed without as much variation by location so better ROI in those areas
Bent Fork's site specifically said the small interior, lack of room to expand and no patio area were the nail in the coffin. I guess if we're looking at 50% seating for the next year or so (minimum), the small, crowded places just aren't going to make it.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:30 AM

7,120 posts, read 9,185,840 times
If you look at the typical business plan for a restaurant, it needs to be operating near full capacity in order to make a profit. That's why you used to wait to get in.

With revenues of 100%, consider 30% for buying food and materials, 30% for rent, 30% for staff wages and that leaves 10% operating profit.

Now cut the revenue by one half, and the business model fails.

We're about to see many restaurants become extinct.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:50 AM

1,222 posts, read 1,266,744 times
The infamous C&C Cafe in Castle Rock has now permanently closed.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...1-57a11d72b24c

Their Colorado Springs location remains open for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver