Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 07:54 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,029,483 times

Advertisements

You may look at Central Park or Aurora Highlands or Green Valley Ranch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2020, 09:38 PM

5 posts, read 7,585 times
Job is near the convention center/coors field on map. Maybe we should be looking more suburbs with great schools and maybe trails?

Old 08-08-2020, 10:18 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,885,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampinfam View Post
Job is near the convention center/coors field on map. Maybe we should be looking more suburbs with great schools and maybe trails?
With the job being near the convention center you don't want to get too far out into the burbs because the commute will suck. Try to live somewhere with light rail access into downtown. The best suburban district is Cherry Creek School District, but that's Greenwood Village, Centennial, and the southern part of Aurora. It's along and east of I-25 generally south of Hampden Avenue and North of E-470. Not a lot of quality trails in our area, and it's a little further to the mountains.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:12 AM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Coors Field is not near the convention Center. Yes, they are both downtown, but on opposite ends.

Lakewood, Arvada, Golden would give you a better commute.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:33 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,051,193 times
Look in the Eastlake area in Thornton. The North RTD line is opening there in Sept. so possibility of good appreciation as people get to know the rail system. Great trail system around Eastlake and through the community, commute via train for hubby. Northglenn Arts Theater for kids is fantastic. All areas have sports.

Good middle school and high school. Right on a beautiful trail system.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...12947179_zpid/

Same good schools but further from the lake and the RTD station.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...58290668_zpid/

Or Broomfield. Better elementary school for resale. Hubby can ride bike to RTD station.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4...60227036_zpid/

All 3 are close enough to the Northglenn Youth Theater and their productions are fantastic!
https://www.facebook.com/northglennyouththeatre/

Here is a link/map for the north metro RTD line that is getting ready to open.
https://www.rtd-denver.com/fastracks/n-line

Just about all the cities in the Denver metro area have rec. centers for sports and classes. Here is a link to the Thornton info.
https://www.thorntonco.gov/recreatio...s/default.aspx

If you don't like the local assigned school there are many options for school choice.

Last edited by mic111; 08-09-2020 at 10:00 AM..

Old 08-09-2020, 08:54 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Since you don’t want cookie cutter and would like to be near public transit, I’d suggest the city of Littleton. Good schools, walkable downtown, light rail access. Arvada is another one worth checking out.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 AM

15 posts, read 8,795 times
There are plenty of homes in the $400Ks in the Denver metro area...just get out of Denver city proper.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:07 PM

117 posts, read 80,739 times
Not sure where you're leaving in CA but I live in San Diego and the COL in Denver area is almost the same, minus the outrageous price of gas. I grew up in Littleton a suburb of Denver and my family is still there. You would have everything you're looking for in Littleton / Arapahoe County from my biased opinion. It's close enough to I25 and C470 to get around but the overall lack of planning in road construction has plagued the Denver area with terrible traffic since...well pretty much forever...

Old 08-10-2020, 05:36 PM

387 posts, read 638,098 times
Look into Lakewood High School. IB program, EXCEPTIONAL theater and music program (unless there's been great changes since my kiddo graduated 4 yrs ago). My kiddo was in the music program, and ended up accepted to a few good music schools for undergrad, and I attribute that in great part to Lakewood. We moved there beginning of his sophomore year, he was quite socially awkward and greatly disliked high school in our old state. He felt very accepted at Lakewood, made good friends, built confidence, and was challenged both academically and musically. The theater program is regularly nominated for Bobby G awards (think HS Tonys).

I think there are areas within the school's boundaries that would be in your price range. Light Rail is quite close for getting downtown. There are parts of Lakewood that are older, and a bit worn. You'll want to explore a bit to determine if it's right for you and your family. And your price range is, as another poster put it, a bit of a unicorn. It might take some time to find the right place, and you'll probably need to be able to put in a bid immediately.

Again, my info about Lakewood HS is about 4 years old, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate it's changed significantly. I know there's been at least one other poster with a Lakewood grad, they might have more current info.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:10 PM

834 posts, read 744,045 times
For theater, you might want to check out DSA. Denver School of the Arts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver