Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 01:04 PM

17,678 posts, read 29,607,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think Washington Park has a snooty vibe.
I think you hurt Skydog's feelings. He is very sensitive guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2021, 01:36 PM

26,134 posts, read 48,779,992 times
Sensitive like a bull dog . . . teeth like a buzz saw . . .
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:59 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,464,766 times
Quote:
I think Washington Park has a snooty vibe. It doesn’t give me a suburban vibe.
I would love to understand this more. I lived in West Wash Park for 8 years before building a house in East Wash Park 8 years ago. People in the neighborhood certainly have expensive houses, but I don’t understand the “snooty vibe” comment. People are very friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadez View Post
- Corey Merrill: west side better than east, but good family neighborhood?
- Wash Park West: younger crowd, not as nice as west side obviously but still a good area
-Platte Park: prime neighborhood

I LOVE West Wash Park. I do not think the “skews younger” comment is accurate. Similar to what Dave said about Berkeley, it is too expensive to skew very young. Lots of people in the OP’s situation with young families are there. I rent a house out there to a 50-something doctor.

Platte Park and Cory Merrill are also nice, but different. Cory Merrill is a bit more suburban feeling.

I think the Congress Park suggestion is a good one. We have friends int hat hood and they love it. Walkable to Cherry Creek.

The location of WWP is perfect with great access to I-25, South Pearl, South Broadway, and Alameda restaurants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I think you hurt Skydog's feelings. He is very sensitive guy.
I’m too busy polishing my Bentley and Aston Martin to have my feelings hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Sensitive like a bull dog . . . teeth like a buzz saw . . .

Old 03-20-2021, 09:18 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,616,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I would love to understand this more. I lived in West Wash Park for 8 years before building a house in East Wash Park 8 years ago. People in the neighborhood certainly have expensive houses, but I don’t understand the “snooty vibe” comment. People are very friendly.
It’s not about friendliness. I agree, people are friendly and it’s not something one who is in the same income demographic would likely even notice. It’s more of an expectation that everyone leads their same lifestyle. It is kind of like asking someone which country are they going to visit this summer on their vacation and not realizing that vacationing in or out of the country is not the norm for all. Or being shocked when someone doesn’t go skiing on the weekends. I don’t think the snootiness is intentional and it’s not due to a lack of friendliness, it’s just a different lifestyle and expectations and it comes across as snootiness to people who are not in that income bracket.

Old 03-20-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
It’s not about friendliness. I agree, people are friendly and it’s not something one who is in the same income demographic would likely even notice. It’s more of an expectation that everyone leads their same lifestyle. It is kind of like asking someone which country are they going to visit this summer on their vacation and not realizing that vacationing in or out of the country is not the norm for all. Or being shocked when someone doesn’t go skiing on the weekends. I don’t think the snootiness is intentional and it’s not due to a lack of friendliness, it’s just a different lifestyle and expectations and it comes across as snootiness to people who are not in that income bracket.
Hmmm. So people who have more money do and discuss things that people with less money don’t. Where is that not the case? Is that specific to Wash Park and is that how you define snooty?

I’m also curious about your sample sizes of both people and conversations. I don’t know anyone who would ask a stranger which country they were visiting for vacation.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 03-20-2021 at 10:26 AM..

Old 03-20-2021, 10:31 AM

26,646 posts, read 13,616,801 times
Quote:
Hmmm. So people who have more money do and discuss things that people with less money don’t. Where is that not the case? Is that specific to Wash Park and is that how you define snooty?

I’m also curious about your sample sizes of both people and conversations. I don’t know anyone who would ask a stranger which country they were visiting for vacation.
It’s not specific to Wash Park but I have frequently noticed this when conversing with people in this area over the years. It’s not about discussing vacations or whatnot but rather the expectation that this is how everyone lives. You asked and I answered with what is just my lone observation and opinion. Not trying to prove anything here.

Denverpro thinks Wash Park has a suburban vibe, something I don’t agree with at all but that is their observation and opinion. It doesn’t make it a fact nor does it make their opinion wrong, just like my observation and opinion is not a fact. We have different perceptions and perspectives based on our individual observations and experiences.

The op has given little feedback on recommendations already given so I truly have no clue where they would fit in overall.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-20-2021 at 10:47 AM..

Old 03-20-2021, 11:38 AM

2,174 posts, read 4,268,953 times
Quote:
I don’t know anyone who would ask a stranger which country they were visiting for vacation.
Just yesterday, I was up at Keystone and chatting with a lady on the chair with me (appropriately spaced). Somehow we got on the subject of travel and she asked me if I had any trips planned. I mentioned I just rescheduled 2 trips for 2022 that have been cancelled twice - Japan and Egypt. She then said she was thinking local. Guilty as charged!

Old 03-20-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Just yesterday, I was up at Keystone and chatting with a lady on the chair with me (appropriately spaced). Somehow we got on the subject of travel and she asked me if I had any trips planned. I mentioned I just rescheduled 2 trips for 2022 that have been cancelled twice - Japan and Egypt. She then said she was thinking local. Guilty as charged!
Haha! Do you live in wash park?

Old 03-20-2021, 07:55 PM

2,174 posts, read 4,268,953 times
Quote:
Haha! Do you live in wash park?
I probably should have mentioned that, but no. Live in Lakewood.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I probably should have mentioned that, but no. Live in Lakewood.
Nowhere is safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver