Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 09:14 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,076 times

Advertisements

One other thing, with all these posts about wanting to meet men and friends, where is everyone when we have a gathering? It's a perfect opportunity, and as Denver and I can attest, you can actually make friends. Funny too how we keep showing up yet are in committed relationships!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:46 AM

402 posts, read 1,266,367 times
All is fine with me... just a little breathing issue... they are calling it "environmentally induced asthma" or something like that. But I can breath now so I'm fine.... actually I can breath better now because I quick smoking a week prior to all that too.

As for the dating threads and no one showing up... I almost wonder if people are scared to read this thread because it's 37 pages long

Old 10-31-2008, 09:51 AM

Zion: My husband went through that. He has asthma that hardly ever shows up except for when he has major changes in his lifestyle, like quitting smoking. Also, when we first got our cat, he had major problems, but now he's just fine. I'm sure you'll get used to it. Good for you for quitting! You can do it, my husband hasn't smoked for years now, I think about 6.

Re: Dating, I've been on other posts and have invited people complaining of not finding mates or friends to our happy hour, and so I was surprised that no one else showed up. Should I start a new thread?? lol

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
When I get back to town, I'll plan on attending! How was the wine loft? never been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
All is fine with me... just a little breathing issue... they are calling it "environmentally induced asthma" or something like that. But I can breath now so I'm fine.... actually I can breath better now because I quick smoking a week prior to all that too.

As for the dating threads and no one showing up... I almost wonder if people are scared to read this thread because it's 37 pages long

Old 10-31-2008, 09:07 PM

380 posts, read 1,228,298 times
I really wanted to be there. Spent today waiting for everyone who said they'd help me move. Frustrating day. But we will get it done. I hope. Next one!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM

That blows Kool!!!! I'm sorry, I hate moving. I hope you get settled soon. I was thinking of doing something different for our next get together. There is a museum called Museo de Americas. They have a kind of informal meeting there where spanish speakers get together. Some good some not! (I'm not but trying to learn!!). Anyway, they offer wine and apps and I thought that might be a nice change instead of just sitting and drinking. And it's a neat museum I've actually never been to!! (hahaha, I thought I'd been everywhere here).

So, I'll wait awhile and then see who's interested. I also need to find out more about the wine/cheese thing there. Take care Kool!

Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 PM

I am moved!!! Everything is in the new place and I am slowly unpacking! Should be organized soon!
Checking out the museum sounds fun!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 AM

Hey Kool, so glad you moved!! Unpacking you can do at your leisure, just ask my DH lol, I still have boxes from five years ago. hahaha! I'll update you guys later on the museum thing.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 AM

This museum looks cool!!! Here's the deal on the happy hours: I am most definitely going to try one. Denver, I wonder if they'll let you take pics? The exhibit now looks freaky.
Spanish Happy Hour: Every third Friday of the month people with a shared interest in speaking Spanish meet to have a drink, eat and make new friends while practicing their Español.
Members $3, General Admission $8
Friday, 11-21, 5pm-8pm
Friday, 12-19, 5pm-8pm
Friday, 1-16, 5pm-8pm

Museo de las Americas » 2008» Noviembre» 21

They also do movies:
Butter your popcorn and grease your mind
Fruade de Mexico, a film by Luis Mandoki.
Monday, November 17, 2008. 6:30 pm @ the Museo.
Members $3, General admission $5.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:34 PM

Wow...happy hour thread was way back on page four. We can't have that! The museum does look like fun but I can't do fridays. I am asking for December 5th off as it is for the parade of lights. Hey, anyone interested in trying to hook up for that? Share some hot coco and holiday spirits with good friends. Can't get better then that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver