U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 AM

3,530 posts, read 8,742,627 times

Advertisements

So I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. I've met some really nice people here and I think it's about time we met in person! Anyone up for this?

It'll be downtown, hope that's not a problem with anyone. And probably won't happen at all if no one is interested.

So whaddya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM

41 posts, read 197,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
So I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. I've met some really nice people here and I think it's about time we met in person! Anyone up for this?

It'll be downtown, hope that's not a problem with anyone. And probably won't happen at all if no one is interested.

So whaddya think?

Hey, Why don't you make a myspace Denver Meet new friends NEWCOMERS/ NATIVE page. It would be a place where people can get acquainted and converse back and forth through the page. That way people can get a feel of the other persons personality first, then when they feel they know the person well enough, they can meet up. Also, you could do like a major meetup on the page also, like on meetup.com. That way if people don't want to meet up one on one, they can meet in a group. If I lived in Denver now I would do it myself but I'm not quite there yet. Sorry to put this sort of responsibility on you but it's just a thought I've had for a while. I thought it would be cool. Anyway, let me know how you feel.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:44 PM

Well, that's a bit much for me. I was just hoping to put together an impromptu meeting. I'm familiar with meetup.com, it's a great site. As for myspace, you don't have to live in Denver to set that up -- so set up away! Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully more people will join up for my informal happy hour.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,068,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post

So whaddya think?
I'd love to but downtown Denver is quite aways from me here near Monument. I'd totally be interested in maybe a weekend thing at a park/BBQ that would be something people could bring their kids to.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 PM

380 posts, read 1,135,538 times
I'm not there yet....8 days and counting....I'd love to meet people from here in person. A pot luck BBQ sounds wonderful !!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:02 PM

14 posts, read 51,813 times
I'm 6 weeks away from relocating to Castle Rock from L.A. Always up for a happy hour...would be there if I was in town.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:42 PM

249 posts, read 938,995 times
Sure, I'd be up for it - I'm flexible to meeting at a park or happy hour. Either would work for me. Maybe we could do one of each and compare notes afterward??

Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 AM

Sorry to sound so lame but I'm not up for a BBQ. Only because I don't have kids and my weekends are precious. I guess that's why I like HH. You get a couple of drinks, some food, meet people, and then are home by 7pm.

So let's split! BBQ or downtown HH.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 AM

3 posts, read 11,336 times
Default Now we see...

Now we see how apparent the problem becomes when people start talking about actually doing something together. In reality we all have different schedules and live in different locations so it's never going to be easy. But if life were easy, everyone would be doing it. What the heck, I'm in for the HH.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:43 AM

380 posts, read 1,135,538 times
Three days and counting !!!! Things will be nuts when I get there. Still need to find a job. I'm up to either BBQ or HH or both. I have nothing to loose and everything to gain !!! Just make it a place easy to find because I am sure to be lost for awhile!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver