Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 PM

11 posts, read 93,855 times

Advertisements

If anyone would like to join a facebook page about nostalgic Denver, please do... and share your memories there as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 12:02 AM

Default Nostalgic Denver group on Facebook

If anyone would like to join a facebook page about nostalgic Denver, please do... and share your memories there as well!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:45 PM

4 posts, read 31,210 times
Default More Denver

Leaning Tower of Pizza, The Rugged Room, Cinnamon Cinder, The Orbit, The Barn, White Spot, Celebrity Lanes, Pogo Pog, The Astronauts, The Moonrakers,

Old 06-25-2011, 08:26 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Whazzup Nate? Welcome to City data! This thread addresses a few of these subjects, will take a while to go through though!

The Tower! Gobbled down a few pitchers of beer in that place, oh baby did I!

White Spot? Yep, ate in those restaurants a few times, the best one was Colfax and Colorado Blvd.

Celebrity Sports Center. I could tell ya stories about that place.

The Astronauts and the Moonrakers. Might get back to ya on those bands later!! Some great music came from those bands!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Alright - the Moonrakers and The Astronauts! I am almost positive that I saw the Astronauts play at the G.E.M. store on south Broadway - must have been about 1966?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:18 PM

Old 06-26-2011, 10:40 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
I loved shopping at King Soopers.

The stores my parents shopped at had these black buttons you punched telling you what aisle and the location of the store item. I was young, but I recall there was an automated voice.

A lot of grocery stores still don't have much of a directory. I guess the motivation is to foster impulse buying.

And of course the bread and milk are always at the opposite ends of the store.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 11,711 times
I remember the Drumstick, the one we went to was on Santa Fe and had a train go around the ceiling. I also remember the Yum Yum Tree had like 8 different resturants in one. I was reading on and remember the Rocky Built hamburgers too, we used to sneak them into the movies next door to the Rocky Built on Broadway in Englewood.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 AM

5 posts, read 22,773 times
Oh my gosh, this all brings back memories! I remember the Denver Drumstick, Yum Yum Tree, Northwoods Inn, Hungry Farmer (there was also one in Colorado Springs), Villa Italia, Cinderella City, Buckingham Square, when Southglenn was the "new" mall, all of it. Celebrity Lanes, my husband grew up in that place. All gone now.

We used to eat at a place on Havana called Ken's Family Hearth. They had these huge hot fudge sundaes. I think its a New York Deli News now. Also the Crestwood out on Littleton Blvd. The old guy Pete ran a tight ship, my sister worked there in the mid 70's when she was in high school and it was a great place to eat but an awful place to work!

Also remember Victoria Station and also the Red Slipper on Colorado Blvd. I used to beg my parents to drive me by there at night to see that revolving red slipper. I remember the ice cream place at the downtown Hilton that was over the street. It was like an enclosed bridge type thing. And we used to love this restaurant on East Evens called Ichabods. The Tally Ho, we had a neighbor acorss the street from us and all three of her kids had their wedding receptions there. Round the Corner burgers were the best. I loved the phone ordering system.

I remember very well when Star Wars came out, my mom dropped us off at the Cooper theater on Colo. Blvd. THe line looped around and we waited over four hours on a hot summer day to see that movie. But Century 21 was my most favorite theater, saw Superman and Raiders at that one. My brother and I would always bet which one of those theaters would get the big new movie that was set to come out. I think the last movie I saw at Century 21 was The Fugitive.

Heck, I remember when the Hooters on Colorado Blvd. was a White Spot. Ahh, I am old!

I do remember the thing about Star Yellan's son and funny thing, I sat right behind him at a Movie Theater (I think it was the theater in U Hills) during Rocky. My mom was so excited. I also remember Bob Palmer, Stormy Rockman (think that was his last name) and other news people long gone.

Have lived in Denver since 1970, we moved here just before I turned six.

Still love it but will probably be relocating soon due to my husband's job. But it has sure changed over the years and I miss the old days. Elitches in particular.

Many pages back someone was talking about that horrible unsolved murder of a family in Aurora back in the early 80's. Just in the last year or so, they did get DNA results that proved it was committed by the same monster who murdered some woman out in I think Arvada. They have the guys' DNA but still don't know who he is. That was horrible, I have a good friend who grew up on the same block. To this day, I always make sure my garage door goes down all the way, they think that is how he got in.

Last edited by MissAnne; 07-11-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM

32 posts, read 130,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdenvixen View Post
Here are some more places I remember. The Furr's Cafeteria that was close to Ralston Rd. Ate there as a family every Saturday night. We would stop in the bookstore next to it and I would buy a new Nancy Drew mystery and then after dinner would go into the candy store on the other side and buy jelly beans! The decor inside was Tudor!

More to come......
I'll bet we have seen each other at that Furrs. My family called it the Poison Palace, yet we ate there all the time. Went to the movies in that center all the time and bought my 8-track recorder at the Soundtrack. We lived in walking distance to that shopping center but I don't think we ever walk there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver