Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM

59 posts, read 350,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
My memory is that the northwest corner was the location of the Tally Ho Restaurant. This was a place where they had many senior prom parties. The Hungry Farmer was a few blocks east of Wadsworth on the north side, across from Villa Italia. Am I right or wrong?? My memory is many times wrong but I do remember these places because I ate at the Hungry Farmer and I went to a party at the Tally Ho...ah...I think...perhaps...maybe...ahh...
You are correct on both !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 7,396 times
Thumbs down the pigs name was buster snyder. right be for he retired he got busted for rape. the denver police sweept that under the

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post

Finally, cruising 16th street. (there was this one Denver cop that was famous for something, people said he was mean, anyone remember who I am talking about?)

I miss Denver...

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-31-2011 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Removing excess quoted material.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,377 times
Default Lingo The Drifter

I remember Lingo The Drifter. The mother of a friend of mine invited him to entertain at my friend's birthday party. When I got upset with my parents I said I wanted to run away from home. They asked me where I would go. I told them I would go live up in the mountains with Lingo The Drifter. I had to be about 5 years old of something. - No, I never ran away, but i still re4member Lingo.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 AM

16 posts, read 440,003 times
Unhappy RE: Emerson St. East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1952 View Post
I was at the Hendrix concert at Regis, one of the 3 times I saw him. Hayrides at Glazers Barn, and what was that beach out by there in Glendale? Twilite Golf course on Leetsdale. May have been Fraziers Barn. Oh, yeah, White Sands was the name of the beach. Many concerts, Bob Dylan to Grand Funk. You could just get to Red Rocks early, grab the front row and party and picnic while the acts practiced. Things have changed. The Eskimo Ski Club at Merrill Jr. High. Love-ins at city park. Cinnamon Cinder, which turned into the White Spot, now Hooters. Monkey Island at Wash Park, Crazy Chuck blew up the bridge. The nightly riots there after Kent State. My Sweet Lass. Burger Chef and Red Barn. Rugby Fest in Aspen. Cork n Cleaver, Victoria Station, Emerson Street East, yada yada. Slot car track at Bonnie Brae Hobby, then to Dolly Madison for ice cream. Could go on forever if I had a memory left. Too many concerts. Little Bear used to rock. Straight Johnsons Pizza. The Sink, Tulogi's, Skunk Creek, Round the Corner, Mary Rippon Theatre, the Beaver Pond at UMC. (Boulder). Star wars at the Cooper, Glendale speed trap on Colo. Blvd. by the Cooper. Leaning Tower of Pizza. The Red Zinger, then Coors Classic bike race.
RE: Emerson St. East, I went back to Denver in the early 90's and was checking out some of my old haunts, and when we went to ESE, it was a gay cowboy bar. The guy I was with was a bit (OK, a lot) homophobic, so needless to say, we didn't go inside, but I would have liked to see what it looked like because it was such a beautiful place when it was ESE. They just don't make 'em like that anymore

Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 AM

16 posts, read 440,003 times
Red face Other places on East Colfax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate1952 View Post
Leaning Tower of Pizza, The Rugged Room, Cinnamon Cinder, The Orbit, The Barn, White Spot, Celebrity Lanes, Pogo Pog, The Astronauts, The Moonrakers,
I haven't seen any references to "The Sugar Shack" on Colfax by East High. Or, the "Green Spider". Do you remember them?

Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Does anyone remember a car dealership on South Broadway, not far from the University of Denver, that only sold muscle and classic cars....a small place but they had a bunch of cars anytime you went by there....Had a glass showroom..Looked like it was on old gas station...

Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 PM

58 posts, read 308,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Does anyone remember a car dealership on South Broadway, not far from the University of Denver, that only sold muscle and classic cars....a small place but they had a bunch of cars anytime you went by there....Had a glass showroom..Looked like it was on old gas station...
I think it was Richard's and later moved further south on Broadway...I bought a '85 Vette from them in the late '80's

Old 09-26-2011, 09:43 PM

I'm new to this thread...stumbled across while poking around the net looking up "After the Gold Rush". I lived in Bear Valley from 1960-1980...first job was the old style McDonald's on Jewell & Federal (Brentwood). One old restaurant I haven't seen mentioned is the "Old South" which was on Alameda...later became the site of the Organ Grinder Pizza and remember eating at the Taco House on South Federal (there were several). Best times I had in Denver were at the nightclubs...Stout Street Electric Company, Funny Papers, Mr. Lucky's, The Lift & that huge blue place right there in Glendale nearby. How about Sam's up on Lookout Mountain? Score Minus 2 up on Wadsworth and Pandora's Box (former Skunk Creek Inn) in Boulder?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 PM

And furthermore...anyone know what became of Freddi Henchi? Danced my arse off to that band in the late 70's mostly at Pandora's Box.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshark View Post
And furthermore...anyone know what became of Freddi Henchi? Danced my arse off to that band in the late 70's mostly at Pandora's Box.
Google Freddi Henchi and you'll get some very good links.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver