Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM

16 posts, read 440,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cher&cindy View Post
Was it Mr Lucky's?
Are you related to Allen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 AM

5 posts, read 12,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboost17 View Post
The smorgasboard on 72nd was called Little Banquet! Worked there as a busboy when I was a kid. Had pretty good food. The place was nestled in around the corner from the King Soopers..
If that's the case, they must have had at least two locations (or had moved by your day), because the only location I remember was on Broadway. Of course, I'm talking in the 1960 range.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:09 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger cridlebaugh View Post
My husband amd I graduated from Pomona in 1979. And now we are married, and sitting here trying to remember the name of the dance place where the basement/lower level was 80's music, then you could go upstairs for oldies? help, we are going crazy trying to remember the name of the place.
When I used to go to Mr. Lucky's it was rock on one level and Sort of Disco on the other.. BUT depending you could have any combination of bands on either level....

Still remember the night Loverboy and the Stones both showed up there and played short sets...

Old 10-13-2011, 04:17 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cher&cindy View Post
Was it Mr Lucky's?

I think it was called Thirsty's

Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
When I used to go to Mr. Lucky's it was rock on one level and Sort of Disco on the other.. BUT depending you could have any combination of bands on either level....

Still remember the night Loverboy and the Stones both showed up there and played short sets...

where was Mr. Lucky's-I remember the Rainbow Room? I saw Metalica there and thought wow they suck they will never make it...woo I was wrong on that..

Old 10-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Speaking of Villa Italia Mall, it is no more. That part of Lakewood (Alameda and Wadsworth area) is now known as the Belmar center. Belmar calls itself "a new town center with a mix of retail, cultural, and public space."

I know I moved in 2008-I like Belmar but I miss Villa Italia-I remember the haunted house every year...

Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM

53 posts, read 176,275 times
I havnt read all the comments in this thread so someone may have posted these...some of these arent in Denver proper, but are metro area.

Remember CinderAlley, the downstairs portion of Cinderella City Mall? Loved going into all the shops down there, it was setup like a tiny village complete with cobble stone walks, and hanging signs outside of the shops, loved the magic shop, knife shop....and the head shops...hey it was the '70s.

Also the Ice Cream shop at Cinderella City Mall, Farrels Ice Cream...they always made a huge deal out of your birthday when you went there.

The Zodiac at roughly Wadsworth and Jewel, it was a foosball joint. Spent many friday or saturday nights hanging out there, or the Pullshot over on Kipling.

Concerts at Big Mac....Jethro Tulls halloween concert in roughly '75 or "76 cant remember exactly, they played with Heart...and was it Boston as well that night? That was a great night!!

So many more....

Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
In the early 70's Cinderella City was the mall people went to. And I mean THE MALL. Yes, I remember Cinder Alley well. I would go into Big Valu Records and Tapes twice a month for new releases on vinyl and yep, 8 track tapes. Also there was a store near Big Valu that sold some cool Frazetta decoupage 16" by 24". I remember going to Round The Corner, it was downstairs by Penney's-it was the place with the bright red booths where you would phone in your order.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-15-2011 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-15-2011, 10:38 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safecracker View Post
I havnt read all the comments in this thread so someone may have posted these...some of these arent in Denver proper, but are metro area.

Remember CinderAlley, the downstairs portion of Cinderella City Mall? Loved going into all the shops down there, it was setup like a tiny village complete with cobble stone walks, and hanging signs outside of the shops, loved the magic shop, knife shop....and the head shops...hey it was the '70s.

Also the Ice Cream shop at Cinderella City Mall, Farrels Ice Cream...they always made a huge deal out of your birthday when you went there.
Yes, I remember. Those were fun times.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
In the early 70's Cinderella City was the mall people went to. And I mean THE MALL. Yes, I remember Cinder Alley well. I would go into Big Valu Records and Tapes twice a month for new releases on vinyl and yep, 8 track tapes. Also there was a store near Big Valu that sold some cool Frazetta decoupage 16" by 24". I remember going to Round The Corner, it was downstairs by Penney's-it was the place with the bright red booths where you would phone in your order.
I remember taking the long drive at 16 from Boulder to Cinderella City to take guitar lessons in the back of that musical instruement shop, afterwards I would head over to Big Value as well. My cousins had several birthdays at Farrell"s Ice cream . Saw one of those still open several years ago in Marina Del Ray CA. "Oh the wisp of bell bottom cords rubbing together in Zeezo's Magic Castle still haunts me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver