Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 AM

23 posts, read 73,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Wow, I didn't think anyone else remembered that place. The band I was in played there a few times in 1978. Actually, that's about the only place we ever played 'cuz we really sucked
Those days were great. The NewGate, Little Bear and the Timberline Inn at Bergen Park. Bucket of beer night at the Timberline could"t be beat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieAnneL View Post
This site is bringing back great memories! My sister, brother and I all worked at the Havana Inn - home of the tacobrito.
The cop on 16th street was Buster Schneider? Does that sound right?
Then of course there was the Pub, the Baby Doll, the Four Seasons and the Zanza Bar.....how about the bar on Lookout Mountain?
I remember when Cinderella City was all the rage - and the head shops in Cinder Alley.
Was it Chambers Road where you had to do the little jog over at Quincy?
How about parking on Cherry Creek Dam?
And lastly....when heading down Parker Road meant going out to the country.....
Loved the tacobrito..... And Buster Schneider is the right name for that A-hole.....

Used to be a bouncer at the Pub..... Cinder Alley was cool.. Kinda like an undergorund area away from all the acitivity in the Mall....

And yes I remember when parker road was waay out there....

Old 05-30-2013, 12:35 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
As often as I go to the Home Depot on Colorado Blvd (seemingly once a week), I still think of Celebrity Sports Center.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
As often as I go to the Home Depot on Colorado Blvd (seemingly once a week), I still think of Celebrity Sports Center.
Driving by that stretch of Colorado Blvd makes me kind of sad... we lost a real Denver treasure and put up a couple of big national chains.

Yay.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieAnneL View Post
This site is bringing back great memories! My sister, brother and I all worked at the Havana Inn - home of the tacobrito.
Remember Havana Street Station, is that the same as Havana Inn?? We loved the Mexican food and enjoyed just being there. Always great service and friendly place.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:50 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
The thing about Celebrity was there was a wide variety of stuff to do in there. As soon as you walked in the front door and looked to your left was a huge room of pinball machines. Most of them were ten cents for five plays, some were a nickel. You had a HUGE swimming pool, 80 lanes for bowling, and a variety of other game rooms. I bowled in two different leagues there back in the early 70's. I LOVED going there with my friends!

And actually what I liked best was their built in lounge on the south side of that complex. The house band was a three piece jazz group and on occasion would bring in other local jazz bands. It was sad to see that place go.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Remember Havana Street Station, is that the same as Havana Inn?? We loved the Mexican food and enjoyed just being there. Always great service and friendly place.
I don't think they were the same. But the guy that owned Havana St Station also had Garrison St Station, at Alameda and Garrison, and also Cherokee St Station at Littleton Blvd and Cherokee.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The thing about Celebrity was there was a wide variety of stuff to do in there. As soon as you walked in the front door and looked to your left was a huge room of pinball machines. Most of them were ten cents for five plays, some were a nickel. You had a HUGE swimming pool, 80 lanes for bowling, and a variety of other game rooms. I bowled in two different leagues there back in the early 70's. I LOVED going there with my friends!

And actually what I liked best was their built in lounge on the south side of that complex. The house band was a three piece jazz group and on occasion would bring in other local jazz bands. It was sad to see that place go.
Slot car racing at Celebrity, my friends and I were into that. Also swimming and bowling. Seems like such a loss for just another excuse for progress.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Originally Posted by MisterB
I grew up in Aurora. Remember some of these places?

The Pub in the Montview area, going down the stairs to disco the night away...at least until 12. I used to be a bouncer there....

Their was that bar (forget the name) on Yosemite next to Lowry, lots of live music, and fights outside. Few girls though, they went to the discos. Later Lowry declared this bar off limits. It was called the Thunderbird

The East 70 drive-in. Spent many a night there..... Too bad no one took care of it as it is a historical site - First Drive in west of the Mississippi...

Tower road, before it was developed, used to see either couples doing ... or groups getting high. Friends of mine from Littleton talk the same way about the KOSI towers on County Line Road. - Yep I do remember...

The Valley Highway befoe it was I-25. - Oh indeed....

The 1965 flood, the only time I ever saw Sand Creek bank full.

Remember After the Gold Rush? I remember that they used to wash their plastic cups, yuk. Yep The manager they had at that time thought it would be a money saving idea.. When the owne found out he literally hit the roof and threw the guy out.....
BTW the owners home in Cherry Hills kinda looked like the inside of the Rush

Woodsies, I remember the one that the Aurora Police broke up when the class of 1976 graduated. The year I graduated and was in a car wreck from one of the kids who was high beating it back to town from the cops...

The Number 3 Lift. Dance until 2. Been there a few times...

I may be getting into the 80s with the next two...

Shotgun Willies before it became a strip club. Yes I remember....

Rodeo, then it became carnival or something like that. Went thru a few different stages.....

I believe that Glendale does not even have any clubs anymore.

The A&W Root Beer stand on Colfax. Used to go there ALL the time....

Speaking of Colfax, who could not forget the food at the Blue Onion. My Grandma loved that place......

Colorado SUN-day concerts at Folsom Field. Courtesy of Feyline productions. Is Barry Fey still around? I believe we went to every one of them...... Barry Fey was really cool.....

Concerts at Red Rocks and trying to find your car in the pitch dark afterwards. I remember a friend and I took the wrong exit and ended up in the wrong lot and wandered around for a cpl hours trying to find his car and he fell and got stickers in his tongue.....And he went home and tried to use his electric razor to get them out....

Steve Tensi and Floyd Little of the Broncos. Yes and Yes....

The 1977 Broncos...make those miracles happen with Red Miller... My sister was a crazy ass Bronco fan.....

Finally, cruising 16th street. (there was this one Denver cop that was famous for something, people said he was mean, anyone remember who I am talking about?) Use to cruise all the time and Buster Snyder was the cop.. he was a grade A first class A-hole!!!!!!! Saw him giving a ticket to a cpl cars and he told this group of people to walk around the cars to cross the street.. The minute they got on the other side he stopped them and gave them all a a ticket...

I miss Denver...
The Thunderbird was on Quebec just north of 6th Ave. The bar on Yosemite was on the north side of Lowry, but I can't remember the name.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,684 times
Default name of country music nightclub on East Colfax

I was stationed at Lowry in the mid 1970s and used to go regularly to a county music nightclub on East Colfax east of where I-225 is now. They had a house band named Cahoots and I saw several national performers including Ray Charles but, for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the club
sargetom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver