Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,148 times

Advertisements

Buster Schneider gave my boyfriend a ticket for speeding -- on his bicycle! Anyone remember the Off Beat? Sports Page? The Lift?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 08:08 PM

58 posts, read 305,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickstigator View Post
Talking to a friend yesterday about this thread. He grew up near Perry & Linvale and remembers a movie theater inside the west end of the mall towards Dave Cook and May D&F. I think he's been on a bender since high school or has early onset Oldtimers. Or both.
There was a movie theatre in Bear Valley Mall later on wasn't there? About where Wyatt's Cafeteria used to be? Burlington Coat Factory ended up in May D&F's old spot. When BV Mall first opened I recall Fashion Bar and Orange Julius being there...not sure when Duckwall's moved over there from the "strip" part of the shopping center. The other store I haven't heard mentioned in this thread was the hardware store between Hodel's Drug and the liquor store...also in the older, original section.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM

23 posts, read 73,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickstigator View Post
Talking to a friend yesterday about this thread. He grew up near Perry & Linvale and remembers a movie theater inside the west end of the mall towards Dave Cook and May D&F. I think he's been on a bender since high school or has early onset Oldtimers. Or both.
He's right. I remember that also

Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasK View Post
Buster Schneider gave my boyfriend a ticket for speeding -- on his bicycle! Anyone remember the Off Beat? Sports Page? The Lift?
Remember them all. I dated a barmaid at the Lift.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 PM

20 posts, read 85,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al T View Post

He's right. I remember that also.
Told my buddy he won the bet, but he doesn't remember making a bet...so I drank his beer...

Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 12,063 times
John Denver at Red Rocks!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 AM

5 posts, read 17,422 times
Ray Charles at Red Rocks. The Serendipity Singers from CU...they appeared on Hootenanny. Sonny Liston who lived on Monaco Parkway...saw him at the Denver Airport...huge man. Denver University hockey.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,909,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colo65 View Post
Ray Charles at Red Rocks. The Serendipity Singers from CU...they appeared on Hootenanny. Sonny Liston who lived on Monaco Parkway...saw him at the Denver Airport...huge man. Denver University hockey.
Loved Red Rocks.. Saw many a concert there.. Saw the Doobie Brothers last concert there and got soaked to the skin that night....

Also saw Pat Benatar when some shmoe thru a water balloon into the speaker bank and blew it .... Took about 2 hours to reconfigure the system to get equal sound.....

Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,594,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshark View Post
There was a movie theatre in Bear Valley Mall later on wasn't there? About where Wyatt's Cafeteria used to be? Burlington Coat Factory ended up in May D&F's old spot. When BV Mall first opened I recall Fashion Bar and Orange Julius being there...not sure when Duckwall's moved over there from the "strip" part of the shopping center. The other store I haven't heard mentioned in this thread was the hardware store between Hodel's Drug and the liquor store...also in the older, original section.

Yep...used to eat there with my grandma-

Ace Hardware-knew people that worked there....

Fashion Bar-my friends mom worked there...

I miss Denver

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendo View Post
I lived in Aurora in the early to mid 1970s, and very fondly remember a music club called Ebbett's Field. I saw great music there, including Tom Waits, Asleep at the Wheel, John Prine, Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen, etc. What I found amusing was the man out front who would stamp your hand red or black--red, meaning you are 21 and can drink anything, and black, you are under 21 and have to drink 3.2 beer...EXCEPT, everyone he stamped black he'd advise: "See the man at the back door." The man at the back door checked your stamp to make sure it was black, then opened the back door, which led you into a small interior mall, where the first establishment on the right was a liquor store. Laws or no laws, they did a knock-down business--you'd buy a bottle of something and order soft drinks inside Ebbett's Field as mixers! It was a crazy time. Great music, great people, hippie paradise.
Denvers best music venue. I saw a lot of the same bands you mentioned. I remember sitting 15 feet from Waits, still a fan today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver