U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 13,156 times
Default License Fingerprints How far back to they go

Anybody know how far back the fingerprint check goes and if they do a one to many that is check the index finger against a database of other people.

My friend had a fake ID in 1989 in Colo and they got his print on file. He wants to know if he moved back to Colo now and used everything legit how likely would they be to catch his old license by fingerprint

The alternative of chopping off a digit is unappealing to him

Back then it was an ink print. Now its digit. Do they only check against current junk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

188 posts, read 254,301 times
I dont know but I dont like the idea that Colorado fingerprints. Rubs me the wrong way.

Amputation however is crazy. What did your friend do? commit a crime?

Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM

12 posts, read 32,565 times
I'm not really familiar with the DMV rules, but assuming your friend got caught for his fake ID way back then and paid his fine or whatever punishment you get for that, I don't know why they wouldn't give him a license now. I guess if he just fled the state and has been wanted by the police for 20 years it might be a problem, but unless there is some rule I don't know about, people with criminal records can still get a drivers license.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:24 PM

188 posts, read 254,301 times
You know you have a good point. What do they do with the prints? Too bad nobody seems to knwo

Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM

2 posts, read 13,156 times
He didnt commit a crime just wanted to be older. No warrants. Just afraid that they will run the check and charge him with fraud because the old print comes up.

I think he was joking about chopping off the digit but I am not sure.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:25 PM

12 posts, read 32,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
He didnt commit a crime just wanted to be older. No warrants. Just afraid that they will run the check and charge him with fraud because the old print comes up.

I think he was joking about chopping off the digit but I am not sure.
How would they have a record of his fake ID? If he had a fake ID and never got in trouble for it, I don't know how the DMV would ever know about it.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:40 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,809,471 times
If it is anything like the prints required for a liquor license -- they never go away.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,452 times
Default Don't worry

The statute of limations may have expired on this fraud. See what the statute of limitations is in Colorado on this sort of thing. Well worth your while to seek legal counsel before you come back and apply for another driver's license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver