U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 13,615 times
Default Apartments Near Light Rail

Hello!

I am a 24 y/o single female moving to Denver for a job in the next month. I am already excited about moving to the area.

I want to live as close to the light rail as possible, and perhaps also in an area with other young professionals.

Does anyone know of any specific apartment complexes near any of the light rail stations? I already know of "Alexan City Center" and "Amli" but wonder if there are others.

Thanks for the help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM

1,758 posts, read 2,875,891 times
Take a look at 'The District' at I-25 and Hampden Ave. I have a friend who lives there and seems to enjoy it. He works in the tech center but wanted to be closer to downtown. It's pricey, so beware, but it's very close to the rail and it seems like a lot of young professionals (or young people who happen to be able to afford the rent --- $~1200 for a 1br) live there.

It also has a Wahoo's, Jimmy John's, and a few other places to eat on the ground floor of the building that is closest to Hampden Avenue and the complex itself is close to coffee, groceries, other restaurants, etc.

If your job is going to be downtown, the bus system is actually pretty good, too, so you might find a more affordable apartment that might not be right at a rail station, but still in an area that has decent RTD service. I'm a daily 83L rider and even though I wasn't initially excited about the bus, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise.. not nearly as inconvenient as I thought it would be and I've saved so much money now that the price of gas is high.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:11 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,192,449 times
I there anybody else that has experience living near the rail?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

TTT

Old 06-29-2008, 06:30 PM

3 posts, read 19,413 times
I wish there was a big thread for this topic. I'm exactly the same age and in the same situation and I'm going nuts trying to find a decent place!

Old 06-29-2008, 07:02 PM

352 posts, read 1,125,606 times
A lot of places charge more for rent because they are near the light rail. I've seen a couple hundred dollars difference just a few miles away from the stations.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 PM

68,252 posts, read 56,586,563 times
There are a lot of complexes in the DU area which is near a light rail station. I don't know the names of them, though. You'd have to go down there and look around.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,738,929 times
The Savoy is located at the Dayton station and The Aventine is located at the Nine Mile station. Both are on the H Line and very affordable. $640/1BD, $980/2BD. I live near the Dayton station in a house and pass by the Savoy everyday and they look really nice. Some are townhouses, others are more traditional apartments. Located directly next to a Walmart and at the crossroads of Hampden and Havana both streets have lots to offer like Lowes, Whole Foods, King Soopers, Chipotle, 24 Hour Fitness, etc.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 AM

90 posts, read 244,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojaco View Post
Hello!

I am a 24 y/o single female moving to Denver for a job in the next month. I am already excited about moving to the area.

I want to live as close to the light rail as possible, and perhaps also in an area with other young professionals.

Does anyone know of any specific apartment complexes near any of the light rail stations? I already know of "Alexan City Center" and "Amli" but wonder if there are others.

Thanks for the help!!!
Cierra Crest is located near the Belleview light rail station, right in the heart of the Denver Tech Center.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 15,403 times
Default hey

hey

i am gonna start work in englewood and am trying to find a place maybe close to a light rail station ... is there any place to find housemates to prolly share the rent or somethin ..

Old 07-01-2008, 08:36 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,738,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vik83 View Post
hey

i am gonna start work in englewood and am trying to find a place maybe close to a light rail station ... is there any place to find housemates to prolly share the rent or somethin ..
Try craigslist or Westword. Also DU is near Englewood and has an off campus housing website Off Campus Housing at the University of Denver (http://www.du.edu/och/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver