Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a local store which carries authentic Indian style home decor, clothing/shoes/slippers, brass Hindu statues. I'm in the Greenwood Village area but don't mind traveling for a great store.

I googled & found several places & was wondering if anyone has visited them? I can of course call them, but if someone has visited & has an opinion, I'd love to hear it:

* Indus Imports on W. Mississippi (although I think that's a food store... I'll need one of those, too, but first things first)

* Princess India Imports on E. Hamden Ave. (they pull up under cloth & dress, so I'm not sure if it's a fabric shop or if it sells fabric & clothing and/or more)

* Boutique Demure, 72nd & Sheridan (clothing mostly, although they have a 1 star rating online... what could have happened there?)

I might find a few things at a Pier 1 Imports store (I found an outlet store online somewhere nearby), but if a local store carries Hindu statues, they'll most likely have everything else I'll need.

Oh, by the way, if someone knows of such a store in Boulder or another city which might make a nice day trip, I'm game, also!

Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:55 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
There are several Indian businesses in the vicinity of Peoria and Parker Rd. There is a decent-sized (for Denver) Indian community that lives in that area. Both Cherry Creek and Smoky Hill High Schools have Indian populations.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
There are several Indian businesses in the vicinity of Peoria and Parker Rd. There is a decent-sized (for Denver) Indian community that lives in that area. Both Cherry Creek and Smoky Hill High Schools have Indian populations.
If you can be more specific that would be helpful. I googled the street names (although you said vacinity)... brought up Starbucks, Wildlife Experience & Tiny Tots... not thinking those places have much Indian style decor. I know if you're not looking for those things you may not know... if you happen to drive passed one day & a store catches your eye, please let me know.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:32 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,122,782 times
I can't remember the name of the store, but I bought my son Indian pyjamas a few years ago in a store that was in the strip mall by Firestone Tires. It was probably at Peoria and Dartmouth or Peoria and Cornell. It was pointed out to me by the owner of an Indian grocery across the street (India's Grocery?). There is a couple of Indian restaurants in the area: Masalaa and Star of India. Anyway, I found this listing online. Most of these stores are within a couple of miles of Peoria and Parker.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I can't remember the name of the store, but I bought my son Indian pyjamas a few years ago in a store that was in the strip mall by Firestone Tires. It was probably at Peoria and Dartmouth or Peoria and Cornell. It was pointed out to me by the owner of an Indian grocery across the street (India's Grocery?). There is a couple of Indian restaurants in the area: Masalaa and Star of India. Anyway, I found this listing online. Most of these stores are within a couple of miles of Peoria and Parker.
Just found your reply, David, sorry. Okay, thank you for the info. The links are grocery info, but I'll take a ride soon (or maybe try a call first) to Peoria & perhaps a grocer can recommend a local shop which will carry what I need. Thanks very much!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 AM

269 posts, read 1,267,257 times
The Nepali/Tibetan stores on Pearl street in Boulder carry statues, home decor, incense, etc. The clothing is not very Indian, but you can pick up some cotton or silk clothes in western styles.
You've already thought of Pier 1, CostPlus World Market is also an excellent choice.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptos View Post
The Nepali/Tibetan stores on Pearl street in Boulder carry statues, home decor, incense, etc. The clothing is not very Indian, but you can pick up some cotton or silk clothes in western styles.
You've already thought of Pier 1, CostPlus World Market is also an excellent choice.
Kryptos... Very cool, cheers! I was just Mapquesting a trip from Denver to Boulder (had no idea it was as close, so I'm stoked) & will go next week. In the meantime, I'll check into Nepali/Tib stores online... it sounds perfect. (Note: Old Tibet looks very promising!)

I was near Pier 1 yesterday (E County Line) & didn't stop in, but will later in the week. I did too much shopping, was too hungry & cranky... after trying on 200 pr of shoes at DSW, ditto at another shoe store, George Clooney would have annoyed me if he said 'hello'. But, I did stop in at World Mkt & they don't have what I'm looking for... in fact, that location didn't even have a full selection of coffee... What? NO French Roast???? I almost fainted. Employees told me the Cheery Ck store had a larger selection & wine. If the Boulder stores have statues, no doubt they'll have most else of what I need.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver