U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Thread summary:

Moving to Denver metro area, seeking information on Denver sprawl problem, explosive population growth Denver metro area, urban sprawl problem

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM

839 posts, read 1,931,694 times
lol eventually denver will take over limon and sterling and all the area east of the mtns lol jk but yea lets send some of the people down to springs, i hear pueblo is a dump though wouldnt wanna live there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM

68,262 posts, read 56,586,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Don't be fooled--so will Colorado's metro areas. Is Denver metro less sprawled than many other metro areas? Probably. But that shouldn't be much comfort--it's like saying it's better to drown in 10 feet of water than 30--drowning is drowning!

I think the coming energy/economic ****storm is going to drive a wooden stake into sprawl pretty soon, anyway. It's just a pity that we continue to create more of something that is going to be neither sustainable nor desirable within a very few years--just a complete foolhardy misallocation of dwindling financial and natural resources. And then everybody will stand around and try to figure out why they, and their country is hungry and broke.
You know, jazzlover, when everyone was "discussing" you on that other thread, I got quite annoyed and was going to respond, but then someone brought the topic back to the OP's question and I let it drop. However, this post is really over the top! The sky is not falling! Do you not think mankind is capable of adapting to changing cirucumstances. Do you really think everyone has to live the way YOU think people should live to prevent the above impending disaster?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM

3,695 posts, read 6,192,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
lol eventually denver will take over limon and sterling and all the area east of the mtns lol jk but yea lets send some of the people down to springs, i hear pueblo is a dump though wouldnt wanna live there
hahahaha... we are visiting family in Pueblo this weekend. I am not looking forward to that leg of the journey. Let's just say they belong there.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, jazzlover, when everyone was "discussing" you on that other thread, I got quite annoyed and was going to respond, but then someone brought the topic back to the OP's question and I let it drop. However, this post is really over the top! The sky is not falling! Do you not think mankind is capable of adapting to changing cirucumstances. Do you really think everyone has to live the way YOU think people should live to prevent the above impending disaster?
We'll see who is and isn't prepared for the impending implosion of the world markets, wide spread chaos, and overall craziness the near future will bring us. I really just want to bury my head in the sand like everybody else, but somebody has to help the unprepared.

go-go-gadget flame-suit!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
We'll see who is and isn't prepared for the impending implosion of the world markets, wide spread chaos, and overall craziness the near future will bring us. I really just want to bury my head in the sand like everybody else, but somebody has to help the unprepared.

go-go-gadget flame-suit!
Oh, for crying out loud! Where did you buy your crystal ball? I want to get one, too!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Peak oil... and everything that comes with it.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 PM

rybert, I have a feeling you were born after the first energy crisis in the early 70s. Every time oil/gas/gasoline prices go up, the naysayers are predicting the end of civilization as we know it. I take a more measured "wait and see" view of things. I really do not think the sky is falling.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 PM

Yeah, I was born after the first crisis (not relevant)... that was a political boondoggle. There is not enough oil for the world to operate as it has (specifically the US). China, India, and a slew of other countries are jockeying for the same finite resources. Although the most recent escalations in price may have been politically driven in some aspects like the 1st crisis, the prices will continue to rise here on out because, guess what, we're running out of the stuff.

Of course, it could all be an abiotic product of our home planet, but probably not, because there hasn't been a proven oil field found that replenishes it's own supply.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 PM

839 posts, read 1,931,694 times
Quote:
hahahaha... we are visiting family in Pueblo this weekend. I am not looking forward to that leg of the journey. Let's just say they belong there.

harsh lol

Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was born after the first crisis (not relevant)... that was a political boondoggle. There is not enough oil for the world to operate as it has (specifically the US). China, India, and a slew of other countries are jockeying for the same finite resources. Although the most recent escalations in price may have been politically driven in some aspects like the 1st crisis, the prices will continue to rise here on out because, guess what, we're running out of the stuff.

Of course, it could all be an abiotic product of our home planet, but probably not, because there hasn't been a proven oil field found that replenishes it's own supply.
The prices jumped so rapidly that the reason can't be all of a sudden we're running out. I think it is relevant that you haven't been an adult during many of these "crises" that always seem to somehow disappear. The oil companies have cried 'wolf' a lot, and so have the environementalists.

I dunno, your discussion style makes me come offl like a troglodyte b/c I disagree with you, but OTOH, I don't drive an SUV (well, I do drive a mini-SUV, but it gets as good of mielage as a small car), I don't drive tens of miles to work, I drive 4 1/2 mi. and my spouse drives 6, I do most of my shopping, errand running, etc within a five mile radius of my house, the majority of it much closer than that, even. But this "sky if fallilng" attitude drives me CRAZY! (Well, maybe crazier, since I'm already about halfway there, lol.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver