U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM

8,386 posts, read 17,848,910 times
Cherry Creek (near the mall,) Hilltop, Cherry Hills are all upper class neighborhoods.

What are you looking for in a neighborhood and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 02:25 AM

6 posts, read 6,958 times
Default Move to Castle Rock or Lone Tree

Move to Lone Tree if you can...very nice lifestyle, upscale and good schools...quite safe and has lots of nice creature comforts...Castle Rock is a nice alternative to Lone Tree...Highlands Ranch is too sprawly and cookie cutter. Cherry Creek is great if you like a more urban lifestyle. It is nice, upscale but busier. Good luck

Old 06-04-2010, 12:10 PM

30 posts, read 38,739 times
I am a teacher and a mom and have lived in this area for 13 years. Littleton is incredible--the schools are great and the neighborhoods are lovely. The houses are a bit older though, so Highlands Ranch right nearby could be great for you. However, I don't think the schools are quite as good.

Stapleton is wonderful as well, although it costs significantly more to live there. It is FULL of babies, dogs, and young couples and has a bit of a more urban attitude to it, although it has ALL of the amenities of a suburb. It's really cute and you definitely shouldn't make any decisions before seeing it.

I have friends (moms) who live in all three areas and would be happy to share more info with you if you'd like!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 AM

259 posts, read 988,944 times
Castle Rock is a lot more personal and has that small town feel. You will make many friends and see them all the time. Its a great town and feels far removed from Denver and the burbs, but you will be 15 minutes from the tech center and 35 minutes from downtown.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 197 times
Are there any places for rent that you might suggest in the Bradburn area? I'd like to move there with my 2 children by April. Also would it be really difficult to get approved without a job? My intention is to find one once I'm there.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Status: "Wondering why I am not liking Colorado" (set 9 days ago)

7 posts, read 2,004 times
My Husband, son and I just moved here from Tucson, AZ. We have a 17 month old. My suggestion to you would be to rent until you decide where you want to buy. We are on the hunt for a house and so far are VERY pleased with Southeast Aurora. The schools are top of the line and some in Cherry Creek Schools, new homes and TONS of families. Having the Southlands outdoor mall so close is wonderful.
I have found that you will find two types in Denver…those that love the North side and those that love the South side. This is why I highly suggest you rent for 8-12 months.
My biggest challenge in Denver is the traffic. I know that some people from higher traffic areas (Cali) would say this is nothing…but my GOD. No car pool lanes, only 3 lanes, it goes on and on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver