Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM

357 posts, read 1,286,493 times

Advertisements

just keep writing and demanding/begging/pleading. if we sound pathetic enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 07:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebeezer View Post
Just wanted to ask if there's any update on Trader Joe's coming to Denver One of my favorite grocery stores, by far. I've been without it ever since I moved away from Columbus, OH
I just posted on another thread that I heard a rumor from a manager at a store at the Cherry Creek Mall that TJs is finalizing a deal this Fall for a store in CC North, ground breaking early next year. I have no clue if it's credible, and have found nothing online to support it.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:09 PM

529 posts, read 1,325,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've posted this several times before, but CO liquor laws have little, if anything, to do with where TJs locates. They're all over Philadelphia and none of them sell a drop of liquor due to PA's strange liquor laws.

I've heard the reason they haven't expanded here yet is because of distribution and our isolation. Although that doesn't really explain why they have one store in Albuquerque and one in Santa Fe. The seem to be expanding across the country at a slow pace.
I live in Santa Fe and I got to tell ya that's the second best thing to come out of California! Drew Barrymore is the best!

That SF store is busy all the times but you can get checked out so quickly. What an awesome store. CO needs many.

There must be some other reason they are not there. CO is pining for them.

TJ's please indulge!

And yes, it does not explain why they're not in Denver or COS. Santa Fe is about 1/3 the size of the Springs and well Denver....tiny

Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziasforever View Post
I live in Santa Fe and I got to tell ya that's the second best thing to come out of California! Drew Barrymore is the best!

That SF store is busy all the times but you can get checked out so quickly. What an awesome store. CO needs many.

There must be some other reason they are not there. CO is pining for them.

TJ's please indulge!

And yes, it does not explain why they're not in Denver or COS. Santa Fe is about 1/3 the size of the Springs and well Denver....tiny
It has to be a logistics issue. Same with In N Out. I wonder where your store is supplied from.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
In many ways Sprouts is similar to TJ, but with more variety. Most other markets TJ is in doesn't have a competitor like Sprouts so its not as easy a case to come to Denver. In Phoenix area TJ's are pretty far apart if I remember right and that's the only market where they compete with Sprouts so I think there is something to this. Marketing for the two is definitely different, but the product lines aren't too far off.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
In many ways Sprouts is similar to TJ, but with more variety. Most other markets TJ is in doesn't have a competitor like Sprouts so its not as easy a case to come to Denver. In Phoenix area TJ's are pretty far apart if I remember right and that's the only market where they compete with Sprouts so I think there is something to this. Marketing for the two is definitely different, but the product lines aren't too far off.
I've never head of Sprouts or seen one. Where are they?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 AM

6,797 posts, read 9,350,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I've never head of Sprouts or seen one. Where are they?
There's one at Havana and Mississippi in Aurora.

As far as Trader Joes goes, I kind of like not having it, just because it's fun to hear gasps and similar reactions when I mention that there aren't any in Denver.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:21 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,449,173 times
Sprouts and Henry's are the same thing. If you didn't look at the signs, you couldn't tell the difference. We have both of those along with TJs here.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 AM

54 posts, read 129,404 times
I don't think Sprouts is anything like Trader Joes. They do have some nice produce now and again, but the meat is the same quality as King Soopers or Safeway.

Every time I have been to the Sprouts at Mississippi and Havana it is being shopped predominately by people 70 and older. There must be a lot of retirement homes nearby.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
There's one at Havana and Mississippi in Aurora.

As far as Trader Joes goes, I kind of like not having it, just because it's fun to hear gasps and similar reactions when I mention that there aren't any in Denver.
The only people who don't want a TJs in Denver are people who've never shopped at TJs It's more like a smaller Whole Foods only with cheap prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver