U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 PM

23 posts, read 63,964 times

Advertisements

I know from what I have read that Denver has quite an extensive bus and soon to be rail service. But I have a simple question. How late does RTD run at night or does it run 24/7 but runs slower at night? Does it depend on the neighborhood? Do the buses run later than the trains or do they both stop running at the same time? I am considering Denver and wanted to know if I'm out clubbing late at night would I have to have a car to get back home? Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 PM

4,931 posts, read 8,848,582 times
It is a good idea to check before you are too drunk to drive. The answer is: it depends on the route. RTD already has rail that is being extended. Most routes do not run 24/7. However, some run 24/7 in the scheldule with reduced stops and reduced frequency. The 24/7 routes are along the main busy streets such as East Colfax, Route 15, Broadway, Route 0, West Colfax, Route 16. The rail runs close to 24/7 but with some reduction in frequency.

You need to check it the website The Regional Transportation District Home Page. All buses that I have taken are reasonably safe but very some of these middle of the night routes would require caution and vigilance, so stay sober.

Livecontent

Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 AM

23 posts, read 63,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
It is a good idea to check before you are too drunk to drive. The answer is: it depends on the route. RTD already has rail that is being extended. Most routes do not run 24/7. However, some run 24/7 in the scheldule with reduced stops and reduced frequency. The 24/7 routes are along the main busy streets such as East Colfax, Route 15, Broadway, Route 0, West Colfax, Route 16. The rail runs close to 24/7 but with some reduction in frequency.

You need to check it the website The Regional Transportation District Home Page. All buses that I have taken are reasonably safe but very some of these middle of the night routes would require caution and vigilance, so stay sober.

Livecontent
Thanks for your quick response livecontent. I knew if anyone would be able to answer my questions about RTD it would be you. I just wanted to make sure I could get around Denver 24/7 without a car. The threads I'd read in the past seemed to touch on everthing else about RTD except that. I like you look forward to the day that I won't need a car to get around. Living here in NYC there is no need for a car, but I didn't want to move to a place where there would be that need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver