Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,525 times

Advertisements

It is sad to see this happening for Saint Paul as a city. Denver had several historic events leading up to the historic DNC to prepare us for it (G8 Summit, World Series, World Youth Day, NBA All Star Game). Watching the police in Saint Paul on TV, they don't seem well organized.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,076 times
It does cast a really bad light on the city of St. Paul. I've never been, but seeing that made me think, ick, what a city. It also didn't help the convention that Gustav came and made the pres. cancel his speech.

Commute this morning, what a freaking difference! Thank god for the bus. It was like a parking lot headed southbound on I-25 at 8:00 am today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
Yes and to our advantage. Hopefully this is the worst of it but when the highlights of the convention are about the riots going on then it really gives a bad image of the whole event overall. On a side note I noticed no difference in traffic congestion during the convention. My morning commute took the same amount of time as it always did.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:33 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,525 times
St. Paul is a very clean and laid back city with very nice folks. Minneapolis is more cosmopolitan. Both are nice places but not sure this area know how to handle tough crowds.

I drove over Trail Ridge Road this weekend, talk about congestion in the mountains. Estes Park was so packed that I didn't even stop. Significant number of out of state plates and tons of rental cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver