U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,728,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
When you give examples of areas of Denver, Governor's Park, for example, could you also include street names, zip codes and bordering highways? for example: main st. between 2nd and 15th, or south of I-70 east of universty, etc) I usually only party/shop/sports in Denver, and have not paid much attention to the residential aspect.
thanks!!
Governor's Park: 8th & Pennsylvania and thereabouts, zip code 80203.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 04:10 PM

13,213 posts, read 24,264,196 times
Quote:
Hey David Aguilar!
I don't mind a condo, but I really want a garage or at least covered parking.
I don't mind a 20-30 minute commute. what type of concesstions with I need to make? I really hope I don't have to live in the ghetto.
If you want to live in a house, you'd either have to concede "really good neighborhood", or "close to downtown", or both.

The only concession I think you'd have to make for a condo/townhome is garage or no garage. There are plenty of condo/townhomes with garages. With your price range, I think you could find something just about anywhere condo/townhome wise.

I don't think you'd have to live in the "ghetto". I don't think you'd sign on the dotted line without seeing a place/neighborhood first, and I think most people know a ghetto when they see one. Have you been here long/before? Denver ghettos are quite wussy.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM

3,847 posts, read 6,746,834 times
Default hi

Yes, I know the "ghettos" are on the weaker side, I used that term because another poster wrote that I would have to live in one if I spent 100-150K. What I would mean by "bad" neighborhood doesn't have anything to with the demographics of the neighborhood, but more with the look of the houses, do people keep theier lawns neat?, no old toys, cars, etc left in the yard, are the homes kept up? no peeling paint, broken windows, garages, no crack houses or meth labs, no "gang" activity, no loitering around the neighborhood-kids, or even adults, just hanging around.
I want to be in a clean, professional, environment, singles, or professional families that take care of their property. saftey, people keeping to themselves, I don't want to have to worry about my property while I am out of town for a few months at a time.
I realize this must be a fantasy world I am living in, but there has to be sections of Denver, besides the trendy, expensive lofts/condos right in downtown, where I could live.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know the "ghettos" are on the weaker side, I used that term because another poster wrote that I would have to live in one if I spent 100-150K. What I would mean by "bad" neighborhood doesn't have anything to with the demographics of the neighborhood, but more with the look of the houses, do people keep theier lawns neat?, no old toys, cars, etc left in the yard, are the homes kept up? no peeling paint, broken windows, garages, no crack houses or meth labs, no "gang" activity, no loitering around the neighborhood-kids, or even adults, just hanging around.
I want to be in a clean, professional, environment, singles, or professional families that take care of their property. saftey, people keeping to themselves, I don't want to have to worry about my property while I am out of town for a few months at a time.
I realize this must be a fantasy world I am living in, but there has to be sections of Denver, besides the trendy, expensive lofts/condos right in downtown, where I could live.
One person's ghetto is another's paradise.

I will say this for the 1000th time. Many people here on C-D forum-Denver, will only recommend neighborhoods that are at least lower-upper-middle class. Anything middle class or lower, won't get a recommendation, and is often labeled a ghetto.

Your price range is more geared towards working-class neighborhoods, or middle-class neighborhoods. I don't think you could find your ideal (as you described) neighborhood in metro Denver for your price. I think you'd need to bump it up at least 100 G's.

Remember, you don't have to live in a ghetto for your price range. I said earlier you could live pretty much wherever you want, if you are willing to settle for a condo.

There are homes in my neighborhood, which is moderately well-kept, in your price range. I'd say it's mostly populated with middle class seniors, and minority and working class families. Lived here six months without a single incident, and I can't see what people seem to think is so wrong with it. Yeah, the homes are older (60's-70's), it's not lily-, and it's not rich. But for the most part, people keep up their homes and I think it's quite nice. A good deal for the price. I'll take some pics if you'd like.

Last edited by Count David; 09-04-2008 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: added comment

Old 09-04-2008, 09:45 AM

Default hi

yes Mr Aguilar, pics would be great. don't mean to repeat myself, it's just that I am getting so much conflicting info.
tell me the bordering streets where you live again? or zip code?
thanks

Old 09-04-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
yes Mr Aguilar, pics would be great. don't mean to repeat myself, it's just that I am getting so much conflicting info.
tell me the bordering streets where you live again? or zip code?
thanks
It's quite okay. Searching for a home is tough, no cake-walk.

Watch as the naysayers come on and tell you don't move to or even consider this neighborhood....

It's known as Aurora Hills
Boundaries:
North - Alameda
East - I-225
South - Mississippi
West - Peoria

Zip code 80012. There are other neighborhoods in 80012 that are nice and decent as well.

It's reasonably close to Fitzsimmons, DIA, Aurora Mall, and whatever they call that shopping center north of the mall. There are a few parks, a golf course, the Aurora Public Library, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Home Depot, etc close as well.

Remember, I'm only recommending my neighborhood based on price, my neighborhood IMO is the best deal you can get for your price, that is not a condo.

I'll just post one pic for now, I have to run to Best Buy, I spilled Kool-Aid on my laptop last night. Then I'll come home and take some pics.

My house, in April

Old 09-04-2008, 10:34 AM

Default hey! nice crib!

Hi, that is a nice looking home, when I am back in town in 2 weeks, i plan to do some driving around that area, so I can get a "feel" for it. It's hard because I grew up in CO SP, and I know what neighborhoods are better, etc. there, but Denver is all new to me as far as that goes.
are there any ranch-style homes near your area? is it somewhat near the new medical campus? (I suppose I'll need a job, also!) :-)
good luck with the labtop!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hi, that is a nice looking home, when I am back in town in 2 weeks, i plan to do some driving around that area, so I can get a "feel" for it. It's hard because I grew up in CO SP, and I know what neighborhoods are better, etc. there, but Denver is all new to me as far as that goes.
are there any ranch-style homes near your area? is it somewhat near the new medical campus? (I suppose I'll need a job, also!) :-)
good luck with the labtop!
Fitzsimmions is about 10 minutes away (via I-225), and that could count getting in and out of your car.

Yes, I hope a few of these pics answer your question about ranches. (sorry if some of the focus points are off, I'm not used to doing this, but it was fun)

Virginia Court Park

Aurora Hills Middle School field

The neighborhood

Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 AM

great pics! thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver