U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Lakewood, CO
23 posts, read 56,227 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Well let me introduce myself a bit
I am Bridgitte, a married mother of two children, aged 15 (though soon 16) and 12. I live near Seattle, WA, and my husband recently got offered a job in Denver, so we decided to move to Englewood because we have family not far from there and we're familiar with the area.
Both of them have been homeschooled for the past 3 years due to traveling a lot, but have been pretty familiar with Public School, but we live in an area where the schools get pretty high test scores. We know Englewood is a rich area, how good are the SAT scores of Englewood High compared to Mercer Island High? And will it be a good learning environment for my daughter.
My son loves sports, especially soccer and bmx, any near by locations?
We're also a multilingual family because of our heritage, I can speak English and French perfect, and I also have learned some Spanish and Portuguese from my husband, and some German and Italian from my Swiss mum. My daughter is very enthusiastic about languages, and besides the one's she's learn from her dad and I, she knows a lot of Russian, and is also planning to spend some time in the orient after graduation and would love to learn Mandarin and Japanese, so are there any good tutors around? I know that there is a high Latino population in the Denver area, but are there any ethnic districts.
Also speaking of my daughter, she loves to shop, as I do also, we would like to know if there's any districts with lots of high street or designer clothing? And we love to do yoga and meditation together, so is there anything good for that around there?
We're a pretty wealthy family in general, and at the moment we've got our eyes on Greenwood Hills, any other good neighbourhood recommendations?
I'm also looking for a new car, either a BMW or Mercedes, any good dealerships near by?

I know I'm asking for a lot, I don't want to look like the stereotype of a posh, middle-age crisis lady, but I just really need some help.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,916 posts, read 29,418,729 times
Reputation: 7150
There is some excellent shopping to be had at Cherry Creek,

I am going to take a wild guess in that you don't really want Englewood High, but Cherry Creek High or Littelton Public Schools, or Douglas County Schools.

Where in Denver will hubby be working? What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Lakewood, CO
23 posts, read 56,227 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
There is some excellent shopping to be had at Cherry Creek,

I am going to take a wild guess in that you don't really want Englewood High, but Cherry Creek High or Littelton Public Schools, or Douglas County Schools.

Where in Denver will hubby be working? What about you?
I'll be working at home from my PC, Marshall (husband) will be working on 5th ave just off of the 6 and the 88.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,916 posts, read 29,418,729 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by englewoodmum View Post
I'll be working at home from my PC, Marshall (husband) will be working on 5th ave just off of the 6 and the 88.
I'm guessing "The 88" is Federal Blvd. Just south of Invesco Field.

What about Lakewood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Lakewood, CO
23 posts, read 56,227 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I'm guessing "The 88" is Federal Blvd. Just south of Invesco Field.

What about Lakewood?
Lakewood for what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,916 posts, read 29,418,729 times
Reputation: 7150
Cherry Hills and Greenwood Village
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,916 posts, read 29,418,729 times
Reputation: 7150
Maybe this would be of interest:

New, energy efficient apartment tower coming to Cherry Creek, an article from the Rocky Mountain News, reports that RedPeak Properties has broken ground on a 14-story, $58 million luxury apartment high-rise in Cherry Creek. Scheduled to open in 18 months, the 148-unit tower is the final phase of the Seasons of Cherry Creek project RedPeak bought three years ago for $75 million. RedPeak CEO Mike Zoellner said the health of Cherry Creek and demand from renters willing to pay about $2,000 to $4,000 a month persuaded him to move forward on the project. Also, the building is the first for-rent multifamily project accepted into Built Green Colorado's multifamily pilot program. Zoellner said, "Sustainability is a key goal of RedPeak Properties." He added, "Cherry Creek is one of the locations that does not feel the impact of economic cycles as much as other locations. When you consider the state the capital markets are in today, you really only want to develop high-quality projects in unique locations that bring long-term value with them."
New, energy efficient apartment tower coming to Cherry Creek : Real Estate : The Rocky Mountain News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,700 posts, read 4,067,171 times
Reputation: 1261
Englewood is a pretty broad area. We live in a little pocket of Englewood (80111) which is districted for Cherry Creek High, which has avg SAT of 1729, ACT of 24.6 as of 2007. Mercedes and BMW dealers are pretty much the norm across the country, they don't tend to have consistently poor service as they rely heavily on repeat customers. Depending on whether you fit the Obama or McCain "wealthy", you can check into Englewood/Greenwood Village or Cherry Hills Village. We like the CHV area but you can hardly get a shack for a mil there. I think Cherry Creek shopping center has some more upscale boutiques, I'm not into shopping so I wouldn't know. Shouldn't have a problem getting good tutors around the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Lakewood, CO
23 posts, read 56,227 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
Englewood is a pretty broad area. We live in a little pocket of Englewood (80111) which is districted for Cherry Creek High, which has avg SAT of 1729, ACT of 24.6 as of 2007. Mercedes and BMW dealers are pretty much the norm across the country, they don't tend to have consistently poor service as they rely heavily on repeat customers. Depending on whether you fit the Obama or McCain "wealthy", you can check into Englewood/Greenwood Village or Cherry Hills Village. We like the CHV area but you can hardly get a shack for a mil there. I think Cherry Creek shopping center has some more upscale boutiques, I'm not into shopping so I wouldn't know. Shouldn't have a problem getting good tutors around the area.
I'd say I'm Obama, but I'm a moderate and so is my husband.
Wow, 1729? Sounds pretty nice.
Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Lakewood, CO
23 posts, read 56,227 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Maybe this would be of interest:

New, energy efficient apartment tower coming to Cherry Creek, an article from the Rocky Mountain News, reports that RedPeak Properties has broken ground on a 14-story, $58 million luxury apartment high-rise in Cherry Creek. Scheduled to open in 18 months, the 148-unit tower is the final phase of the Seasons of Cherry Creek project RedPeak bought three years ago for $75 million. RedPeak CEO Mike Zoellner said the health of Cherry Creek and demand from renters willing to pay about $2,000 to $4,000 a month persuaded him to move forward on the project. Also, the building is the first for-rent multifamily project accepted into Built Green Colorado's multifamily pilot program. Zoellner said, "Sustainability is a key goal of RedPeak Properties." He added, "Cherry Creek is one of the locations that does not feel the impact of economic cycles as much as other locations. When you consider the state the capital markets are in today, you really only want to develop high-quality projects in unique locations that bring long-term value with them."
New, energy efficient apartment tower coming to Cherry Creek : Real Estate : The Rocky Mountain News
Sounds neat, but I'm not the high rise type
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top