Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:30 AM

5 posts, read 32,329 times

Advertisements

How bad is Centennial Airport noise in the area of Greenwood Village east of I-25 and south of E Orchard (near Peakview Park)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 09:58 PM

291 posts, read 2,074,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2 View Post
How bad is Centennial Airport noise in the area of Greenwood Village east of I-25 and south of E Orchard (near Peakview Park)?
I don't live there, but we have friends who do, and whenever they have a party in their backyard, I am always looking up at the air traffic coming in to Centennial. I am always annoyed.

However, most other people aren't looking, so, either I'm too sensitive, or they're used to it. The noise isn't that bad, but it is the 2nd busiest general aviation airport in the country. I wouldn't choose to live there unless it was a great deal.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:54 PM

226 posts, read 1,219,467 times
i used to live near i-25 and orchard. i would see small planes all the time but the noise was never a problem. it's not a very big airport, so it's not like big jumbo jets are flying in and out of there. they are usually small prop driven aircraft or small passenger jets.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:02 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,552 times
.gif is right. Because it is a smaller airport it does not have much noise. However, to each person the level of noise is different. I'd suggest that you check it out yourself if you plant o buy property there.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 14,262 times
Default Centennial Airport Noise Pollution

Checkout the noise complaint site at Centennial Airport's website. They got over 12000 in 2007. You can find the charts at:

Centennial Airport - Noise Data Charts

You can also checkout a non profit website fighting Centennial Airport's noise at:

Centennial Airport Noise | Stop noise from Centennial Airport

Good luck!
nonoise

Old 08-30-2008, 12:05 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I live near Centennial and the noise is not an issue, but then again I LIKE airplane noise. Centennial is a Class D airport mostly populated by small General Aviation aircraft and Bizjets, unlike Denver International which is a Class B almost exclusively used by the airlines and freight haulers.
Attached Thumbnails
Airport noise pollution in Greenwood Village-kapa.gif  

Old 08-30-2008, 02:23 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
If you don't like the noise don't buy a home there.

However, you do have another option available.

You can buy a home there ignoring the fact there is air traffic. Then, after you realize you bought a house near an airport try your best to complain day and night about the noise.

Most people are smart enough not to by a home by a major road or a highway. But some can't pass it up because it is SUCH a good deal. Gee, I wonder why?

I am going to guess the most traffic that Centennial airport sees is during the weekends. And of course when you have a major event such as the DNC. This airport was slammed with traffic. And of course all of that traffic helps to pump money into the economy.

Old 08-30-2008, 04:50 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I am going to guess the most traffic that Centennial airport sees is during the weekends. And of course when you have a major event such as the DNC. This airport was slammed with traffic. And of course all of that traffic helps to pump money into the economy.
I work at Centennial Airport. The company I contract with, the majority of their flights land after 10:30pm, and take off right at midnight. There are a few that come and go throughout the middle of the night, then it picks back up after 4:30am and ends again about 6:15am. No planes (with that particular company) take off or land throughout the day. Nor do any come through Saturday or Sunday, and the first doesn't land until Monday night.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:26 PM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Man , I have been lined up way back in the congo line on a Saturday morning just waiting to get out.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM

220 posts, read 748,191 times
Centennial Airport Noise Hotline (303) 790-4709. Report the time, type of plane (prop or jet), your locations. Planes suppose to turn over Cherry Creek Reservoir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver