Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:31 AM

27 posts, read 73,235 times

Advertisements

Our family might be moving to Colorado to work at the new Ikea store that will be opening in Centennial. We'd be coming from the East/Midwest, have kids. Looking to spend maybe 225k to 325k on a house. The school district is VERY important. I've heard that Cherry Creek is a very good school district. Can you get into a 4 bedroom, ~2,500 sq ft. house for that kind of money in that school district? Also, if anyone has any information on local seeded soccer programs, and competitive cheerleading programs.

I'm sure there are other questions that I'll think of, if anyone is nice enough to respond. Thanks......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
yes. you can find a 4 bed home for $325 or less in Centennial, in CCSD.

I don't know about soccer or cheerleading.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 AM

Any thoughts on good neighborhoods? We could go the standard suburban neighborhood route, where you need a car for everything. Any cool places that have a quaint downtown, lots of places to walk to (restaurants, stores, etc.), scenic, etc. folded into that school district?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
How Swede it is: Locals like the idea that IKEA is coming, an article from The Denver Post, reports that on Wednesday, IKEA and Centennial officials announced plans for the store. The company is still in the process of buying the proposed site, which is a 13-acre parcel west of Interstate 25, south of Dry Creek and north of County Line Road near Park Meadows. Plans call for a 400,000-square-foot store on two floors above a two-level parking garage. The store would employ about 400 people, and roughly 500 jobs are expected to be created during the construction phase. IKEA submitted its application and plans for the site to the city Wednesday and IKEA representatives said it's too early to announce an opening date or say when construction will begin. According to city officials, construction usually takes 15 to 18 months. Mary Beth Jenkins, president of the Laramie Co., a commercial real estate brokerage said, "It's a home run for Centennial and for Denver. They are the true definition of a retail anchor."
How Swede it is: Locals like the idea that IKEA is coming - The Denver Post

You could live in Lone Tree or HR or Parker

Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Quote:
Any cool places that have a quaint downtown, lots of places to walk to (restaurants, stores, etc.), scenic, etc. folded into that school district?
Sadly not in that price and size range, at least nothing I can think of.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:58 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Gittes View Post
Any thoughts on good neighborhoods? We could go the standard suburban neighborhood route, where you need a car for everything. Any cool places that have a quaint downtown, lots of places to walk to (restaurants, stores, etc.), scenic, etc. folded into that school district?
You could try Littleton. It does have a small historic downtown. It is NOT in Cherry Creek Schools, but arguably is on the same level as most of the Cherry Creek Schools.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default Ikea

I saw the Ikea announcement on TV last night, was delighted with that. We had them back east, tons of neat stuff, still have our "Billy" bookcases. The new store is 400,000 sq ft, about NINE acres. The stores back east had a cafeteria featuring, among other things, Swedish Meatballs. Hope everyone gets a chance to visit the new store.

Jake: You're gonna love Colorado. Try using the index for info on many areas and schools. City-Data also has a powerful Search Tool that can be tweaked in many ways to zero in on specific topics that are already covered by thousands of threads in here. Lastly, if you haven't the time, find a good realtor, they can sort out your needs quickly (I'm not a realtor nor in the biz in any way).

Best of luck to you Jake, fear not, this state is glorious in many ways.

EDIT: Now that Ikea is coming here, I'm going to beat up on Trader Joe's, yet again, to get in here.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM

402 posts, read 1,266,044 times
Ikea is coming to Denver?!!!!!! I think I might faint... I've been waiting for this day for a long time! I LOVE IKEA! Now all we need is an ocean... come on global warming... give me beach front property (but leave the snow in the mountains too)

Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Thanks, Mike. We've been waiting for Ikea to open in Colorado for a long time. Been targeting the state. We've never spent any time in the West, except for California, and can't wait to see all of the natural wonders.

Really, really excited. Hope it all works out (as far as the transfer....the store is a definite).

Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
you could also look in Douglas County, which is just south. Highlands Ranch has comparable schools to Cherry Creek and you can find a home in your budget for probably less per square foot than in the better Cherry Creek school areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver