Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for the CHEAPEST, NICE apartments in and around the Denver area????????

If you live in one and you pay a pretty low price let me know!

I'm looking for a one bedroom in a SAFE neighborhood!

I would IDEALLY like it to be around the $500 mark.......although I KNOW that is going to be tough to find, but I know if I search hard enough I'll find it!

Anyone have any suggestions????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
That is a very difficult question to answer. Just as soon as you find "the cheapest", someone else will find one cheaper!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 AM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
i live in arvada ....rent is 519 where im at....I think its safe and nice......

Old 09-23-2008, 09:25 AM

thanks for the arvada suggestion, I'll check that out....... anyone else live in a "cheap" apartment thats in a relatively nice/safe area??????

When I say cheap, i don't mean to offend. I'm just on a STRICT budget and can't afford much by myself. $600 I think is the absolute MAX I could pay, but I'd prefer to pay LESS then that

Old 09-23-2008, 05:37 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
check out Lamar Village apts. If it isn't what your looking for it offers month to month rent so you don't have to be worried about getting stuck in a long lease at a place you don't like. It's in Arvada doesn't look that great from outside but it has some really nice places and as far as safeness I find it to be walkable whenever but I don't think I've run into a place in Colorado yet where I've felt uncomfortable. Use me as a referral if you go I'll split the 400$ they would give me haha

Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,117 times
Define safe.

You've already said you prefer to contribute to suburban sprawl, so that throws out anything I can think of.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM

Safe: I can walk outside by myself and not fear getting abducted........

I can't really STAND suburbia (if you've ever been to Chicago anything WEST of the actual downtown area is just NEVERENDING suburbia and I CAN'T stand it!) I've visited Denver and I can tell that even if I DID live in a suburban area I am still VERY close to NOT so suburban areas...... I am willing to live in a suburban area...... Obviously those will most likely be the "safer" areas (depends on where you are)........

I dont care if I live in an urban, suburban or rural area........ as long as it's safe..... (and low priced)

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Lowry North, at 11th and Syracuse is okay. It's right around $550 for a 1 bdr when I left. It's just on the other side of the street of the redevelopments. Easy to walk to the nicer areas down South, but Colfax is 2 blocks North and some skeasy places.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,177 times
Just go to craigslist and look for a place in Capitol Hill. I was majorly in debt when I lived in Denver and found the super small place for just 380 that was 5 blocks from the Wells Fargo building. Capitol hill is weird, because it has low rent places mixed with high rent places. Something I found unique about Denver. I liked Capitol Hill because it was a unique city neighborhood and is not boring suburbia.

It is safe too. Yeah you got bums digging through your trash in every alleyway, yes there is crime, and so on. But Arvada has crime also. I felt safe there, and I was the one always out late at night when I lived there.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoRuMRideR420 View Post
check out Lamar Village apts. If it isn't what your looking for it offers month to month rent so you don't have to be worried about getting stuck in a long lease at a place you don't like. It's in Arvada doesn't look that great from outside but it has some really nice places and as far as safeness I find it to be walkable whenever but I don't think I've run into a place in Colorado yet where I've felt uncomfortable. Use me as a referral if you go I'll split the 400$ they would give me haha

Realy me and my sister are looking for a
appartment. Are limit of paying rent is $900 or less. But i just wanted to ask is arvada colorado a safe place to be ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver