Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,716 times

Advertisements

Is it any good? The reviews I've read have either rated it as terrible or as great, no in between so I'm king of unsure what to think. It looks pricey for what you get. If you've been was it good? Would you go back? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 AM

53 posts, read 223,446 times
The food is pretty good actually. Its a very nice setting with the huge aquarium. Ask for the water room if its available. There are some long waits on the weekends, and usually there is something noisy going on in the ballrooms on those days. The weeknights are usually a good time to go (ie: thrusday night). After 6pm the parking is free (with validation). The service is usually good, but on a rare occasion its kinda slow. I've been there a few times and I'd go back.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:59 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
If it were a stand alone restaurant, without the draw of the aquarium, I'd probably say it was overpriced. However, after touring the aquarium, it was lovely to sit down to a very good meal (and a very pretty drink) and watch the fish and sharks swim by. The kids loved it - plenty of choices for them, and dh & I enjoyed a semi-grown up meal too.

So...I wouldn't go for a strict grown-up date night, but for a nice family meal out, I would recommend it highly. Does that many sense???

Old 10-18-2008, 05:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The Aquarium (don't eat there).
I said the above on 10-08-08, I will expand on it.

I believe we went on a Saturday night last winter. We had to wait a very long time to get a table, a long time to get acknowledged, a long time to get our drinks and a long time to get our food, which remarkably tasted like fish even if it wasn't fish. I asked for a refill on my drink a few bites into my meal and didn't receive it until it was time to leave. The food was sub-par, especially for the price. Service was terrible.

We had a better experience eating Dippin' Dots upstairs after finishing the aquarium tour.

If we go to the aquarium again, we will be having dinner at Burger King beforehand.

Thumbs down.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
I think it's just a place where the slow swimmers and under performing fish to go.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I think it's just a place where the slow swimmers and under performing fish to go.
Yuck! LOL!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:20 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I agree with Yodi- I went there a few years ago with friends, defiantely more of a kids/family type of place, food was not good-although the fact that I travel alot and eat seafood in some of the best places-Boston, Maine, Seattle,etc-doesn't help!
If you want just a casual family oriented meal, with NO expectations, then it's probably fine, but look elsewhere! there are many other restaurants in Denver to choose from!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the info. We were considering it for a birthday celebration with kids but have decided against it. I think that I'd rather go to the aquarium and then leave and eat someplace cheaper and better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: