Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM

15 posts, read 36,378 times

Advertisements

I'm flying in to the area in a few weeks (Oct 17-19) to check out some neighborhoods for a move next summer. I keep hearing people saying that I should visit LoDo or Capitol Hills or Santa Fe and I'd love to visit these areas, but there aren't maps that I've found that break down the Denver area by these neighborhood names.

Can someone point me to one somewhere online? I don't want to be one of those people that asks the same questions you've heard a thousand times. If I can search the posts and get the info along with a map, it'd be great!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
The Official Denver Neighborhood Map is located at:

http://www.denvergov.org/denvermaps/downloads/maps/citywide/Neighborhoods.pdf (broken link)

Keep in mind this is the official statistical map. There are names of neigbhorhoods that do not appear because they are part of another statistical area, or some older names of neighborhoods which you will find long term residents using.

For example, Curtis Park would be in Five Points, LoDo (Lower Downtown) would be in Union Station and Potter would be in Highland, Bonnie Brae would be along University at Exposition and Bonnie Brae Blvd.

North Denver is used, colloquially, for Northwest Denver, generally an area centered by West 38th. Some neighborhoods are described by the predominate street shops which some are a vestige of Trolley Car neighborhoods, for example Tennyson Street (just north of 38th), Pearl Street (just north of Evans), South Downing (which could be West of Washington Park or the area along Adventist Hospital, south of Evans). South Gaylord (between Tennessee and Mississippi) etc. I am sure that there are other readers who have suggestion for other neighborhoods.

or other maps http://www.denvergov.org/denvermaps/

for example http://www.denvergov.org/denvermaps/...5209%2C1761837 With this map you can find Lower Downtown etc.

Information about different Denver neighborhoods all over the City of Denver Website
DenverGov Home. You just have to do a little searching.

Topics (Neighborhood Information) Good site is http://www.denvergov.org/Planning_Se...6/Default.aspx which will describe the city plans for small neighborhoods.

or historical
Denver Neighborhoods

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 09-28-2008 at 06:11 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 PM

15 posts, read 36,378 times
Awesome, this is exactly what I need.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver