Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 11,091 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any thoughts /descriptions of any of the subdivisions in highlands ranch as far as:
A)where might the best views be ?
B)where might the nicest lot sizes be?
C)any other info. that might help me narrow down where to look
I'm out of state and want to have my areas pinned down when I come.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,823 times
What is your price range? I just looked at over 50 properties in HR over the past two months, so I'm pretty fresh on what's around. But it's going to depend on your price point...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 11,091 times
thanks, I'll be renting for about 1800 month.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,755,891 times
views vary. the land isnt totally flat and many houses back up to the open space areas, which provide some local views and some in the higher areas have good views of the mtns. i cant think of any particular area with better views.

as far as lot sizes, i think the older areas have a bit bigger lots, but you're still looking at a case by case basis. we noticed a lot of bigger lots near northridge elementary, but some of the properties had extremely small lots. the streets and housing plan are not planned on a "square" with even lots for everyone, so you'll see some lots with huge back or side yards and you'll see some that are kind of wedged in there.

best way to go about it is to visit or give your specifications to a realtor or representative that will be handling securing your rental before your move

Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernboundmouse View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts /descriptions of any of the subdivisions in highlands ranch as far as:
A)where might the best views be ?
B)where might the nicest lot sizes be?
C)any other info. that might help me narrow down where to look
I'm out of state and want to have my areas pinned down when I come.
Thanks!

Check out the search tool. I found 40 Denver threads with "Highlands Ranch" in the title.

Forty.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,823 times
Having combed through many of the old HR threads, I don't remember getting much info at all about the different neighborhoods within HR, so I'd be glad to offer some additional info.

I'm a bit stumped on the rental costs though because we were looking to buy. In general yes, the older neighborhoods have the larger yards - Highgate, TimberRidge, Weatherstone (?) are some that come to mind. You're also going to find better views in the neighborhoods farther west. Toward the very east and very west of HR you're going to find high tension wires, in case that's a factor for you. Except for the older neighborhoods, we pretty much found you could find houses with no yard backing to open space or houses with ok yards not backing to open space. It was hard to find both. The houses with little yards also tended to have the better views - so it seems like until you hit the $600K mark, you have to trade on at least one of the three (open space, big yard, mountain views).

I loved the feel of Firelight, but there were soooo many houses for sale in that neighborhood, we got nervous...and again, we wanted a big yard first, and those were hard to come by there. Same thing for the Hearth - some beautiful homes, but you had to trade off something.

Hope that helps a bit...let me know if you have any specific questions. It may spark some other observations I can't pull to the surface right now.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,235 times
Are you able to visit the area before you move? We flew out to Denver for the day and saw houses in over HR to get a feel for what we liked. Just a thought. It worked for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver