Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 12:19 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times

Advertisements

Hey guys-I've posted about this before but I have a couple of questions. I'm looking for my 1st time home and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the area east of the intersection of I-225 and S. Parker Rd? I am seeing some homes for sale in that area but I don't know much about it.

And, I am seeing more things available in Lakewood, is this a good school district area? (I have no kids but wondering for re-sale), and what would the commute be like to the U of Co Medical campus if I were to work there?

Is Lakewood an area where I would find new and trendy spots, or is it mostly suburban sprawl with white picket fences? I haven't considered Lakewood before, but I'd be willing to give it a try if it was relatively near or easy to get to city life!
thanks again!
was that more than 2 questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 05:51 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Hey guys-I've posted about this before but I have a couple of questions. I'm looking for my 1st time home and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the area east of the intersection of I-225 and S. Parker Rd? I am seeing some homes for sale in that area but I don't know much about it.
Can't go wrong, in any direction from that exit. I used to live south of there, nice area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
And, I am seeing more things available in Lakewood, is this a good school district area? (I have no kids but wondering for re-sale), and what would the commute be like to the U of Co Medical campus if I were to work there?

Is Lakewood an area where I would find new and trendy spots, or is it mostly suburban sprawl with white picket fences? I haven't considered Lakewood before, but I'd be willing to give it a try if it was relatively near or easy to get to city life!
thanks again!
was that more than 2 questions?
Lakewood is in the Jeffco school district, which gets high marks from most. But, like with any district, there will be "good" and "bad" schools. Your commute would be a lot worse than it has to be. I really think you should stay in/near Aurora if that is where you will end up working. (Remember, I recommended a good hood)

Lakewood is an older, inner-ring suburb for the most part. You've got WWII era homes, 50's/60s ranches, 70's/80s bi/tri-levels, and 90s/00s cookie cutters. Any housing style can be found in Lakewood, but the older housing styles are way more prevalent, and the newer stuff can mostly only be found the further from Denver proper you get. When I think of Lakewood, I think of the older housing styles.

I think the only "trendy" spot is Belmar. City life isn't far from anywhere in Metro Denver. Downtown is only 30 minutes away max from most anywhere on Fri-Sat nights.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Lakewood's trendy area is Belmar (Alameda & Wadsworth), already mentioned. Other than that, Lakewood itself isn't known for much, other than for its stretch of West Colfax. The western end of Lakewood puts you really close to Golden, a walkable and fun town. Overall, Lakewood is an excellent location, sandwiched between the foothills and downtown/ central Denver.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:36 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
Great info! thanks guys!!! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver