U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 09:46 PM

1,618 posts, read 5,962,212 times

Advertisements

Looks like I maybe accepting a job close to E. Arapahoe Rd & I-25

What are some nice areas to rent out at?

I was looking for some room-share and came across two residents that are looking to have me live at there place.

One is in Parker and the other is close to Cherry Creek State Park (walking distance w/ views of the park).

So where would you recommend I try going for? I would love to ride my bike, but it looks like its not a real alternative @ either one of these locations.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike78613; 10-07-2008 at 10:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM

7,090 posts, read 10,756,603 times
Either is great, I am partial to the Cherry Creek State Park but not sure where it might be in Parker. I would check the commutes and traffic in both places, either can get pretty jammed.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 AM

5,608 posts, read 20,708,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Looks like I maybe accepting a job close to E. Arapahoe Rd & I-25

What are some nice areas to rent out at?

I was looking for some room-share and came across two residents that are looking to have me live at there place.

One is in Parker and the other is close to Cherry Creek State Park (walking distance w/ views of the park).

So where would you recommend I try going for? I would love to ride my bike, but it looks like its not a real alternative @ either one of these locations.

Thanks,
Definitely choose the place right by Cherry Creek State Park. I grew up in Aurora about a mile from the state park and chances are I've seen the place you're looking at. You may or may not be able to bicycle to work, but being next to the state park is like having a gold mine of treasure in your backyard-- trust me on this one.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 AM

Thanks Vegas and Subsound.

I actually would enjoy staying close to CCSP. Being close to a park to either run or ride my bike; A+!!

Vegas - Looks like you are right, plus they seem to have a nice trail system that can get me all around Aurora w/o having to use my vehicle.

Visit Aurora - Trail in Aurora, Colorado area

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Last edited by Mike78613; 10-08-2008 at 07:49 AM..

Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,403,441 times
I used to live in some apartments technically across from the park, south of Quincy. You'd not only be close to work, but also like the others said, have the park pretty much right out your front door. No one mentioned the summertime swimming/boating/PWCing though, another asset of the park.

You probably could ride your bike through the park to get to work, and meander through neighborhoods once exiting the park, probably about 4-5 miles each way, if you are up for that. I wouldn't recommend biking on Arapahoe Rd, however, it's too busy with traffic.

Even if you were to drive it could be as short as 10-15 minutes.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Even if you were to drive it could be as short as 10-15 minutes.
That's with no traffic. During rush hour traffic it would take a lot longer than that coming from the east side of the dam-- I would actually give yourself at least 30 minutes to be safe. It gets pretty backed up from the Parker/Arapahoe intersection all the way to I-25 in the morning and coming back in the evening. But yeah, your suggestion of bicycling is good-- you can cross over Parker Rd at either the east park entrance (Lehigh), Quincy, Belleview, Temple (neighborhood street with a light at Parker Rd, much easier intersection) or under the Hampden bridge, go through the park road, hop over to Belleview (which parallels the park road) and take Dayton all the way down to Arapahoe.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
That's with no traffic. During rush hour traffic it would take a lot longer than that coming from the east side of the dam-- I would actually give yourself at least 30 minutes to be safe. It gets pretty backed up from the Parker/Arapahoe intersection all the way to I-25 in the morning and coming back in the evening. But yeah, your suggestion of bicycling is good-- you can cross over Parker Rd at either the east park entrance (Lehigh), Quincy, Belleview, Temple (neighborhood street with a light at Parker Rd, much easier intersection) or under the Hampden bridge, go through the park road, hop over to Belleview (which parallels the park road) and take Dayton all the way down to Arapahoe.
I googled mapped the address and it says 12 miles.

So for 12 miles during rush hour, it will take 30 minutes? Is it really that bad? or how about 6am traffic?

Old 10-08-2008, 05:55 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,403,441 times
Yeah, vegaspilgrim is right, about it taking as long as 30 minutes with traffic or during rush hour. I normally drive it when it is completely clear, but would hate to drive it (Arapahoe Rd.) westbound in the morning or eastbound in the afternoon. It is really the only direct route from the DTC towards the area of SE Aurora and Eastern Centennial. Parker Rd can be a mess as well with all the commuters from points north and south.

I would not recommend one going up to I-225 to get down to Arapahoe via I-25. Traffic is heck at what I like to call the "Tech Center Crush". Avoid the Dam Road as well during rush hour.

The earlier the better no matter which way you take.

Have you looked at places closer to work? That will be your best bet for sure.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 PM

6am should be smooth sailing-- 15 minutes is probably about right. How are you getting a 12 mile commute though? Hampden & Parker to Arapahoe & Yosemite shows that as 7 miles, taking the dam road. Asssuming the dam road is open, that's a great alternative way to get there. Like I said, taking Parker Rd & Arapahoe probably won't take all of 30 minutes, but it could take that long if accidents are backing the road up. During a snowstorm it could take even longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver