Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:25 AM

541 posts, read 1,224,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitali77 View Post
Kind of sick of meeting obese southern girls with 9 kids and 10 ex husbands in NC. Thats all there is in the south. lol
You need to look harder. Nashville and Atlanta are booming with beautiful southern belles in the size 2-6 range where I like them and just looking for a good man. Like shooting fish in a barrel. Well, I can't speak for Charlotte, but that's where I've lived.

That said, you've got your work a bit more cut out for you in Denver in that there are far more single guys than girls in the city. If you're an engaging guy and love the area, why not? Don't go anywhere based upon women alone, to state the obvious. But it never hurts to ask.

Last edited by CMartel2; 01-11-2009 at 01:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 AM

195 posts, read 794,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Don't go anywhere based upon women alone, to state the obvious. But it never hurts to ask.

Agreed, Don't come here unless you have good job prospects and you love the mountain/outdoor lifestyle. If you truly lavish hiking, skiing, mtn biking and the like, you will find your dream mate here on the trails. The mountains are the real reason to come here!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 AM

207 posts, read 714,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleman View Post
hi.
it's harder for males, it seems. the male:female ratio is one of the higher in the country in denver, and is vying for the highest in the country in Boulder, certainly for a place it's size. the forbes stuff doesn't account for that or the fact that the population in denver and in boulder is rather 1D - sort of one type of person tends to be what you see much of the time (not very diverse in CO in general). CO is a close second to AK overall in terms of male:female ratio.
Males: 297,239 (50.5%)Females: 291,110 (49.5%)
according to this website, its about even with the median age around 33. Did you mean there's more males than females? I've heard the opposite. I wouldn't let the statistics stop me if I was you.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,138,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
according to this website, its about even with the median age around 33. Did you mean there's more males than females? I've heard the opposite. I wouldn't let the statistics stop me if I was you.
That stat doesn't take into account people who are married or in relationships.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 AM

351 posts, read 649,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudolph View Post
I am a 24 yr. old living in Chicago and thinking about moving to Denver in the fall. I know almost no one, is Denver an easy place to meet people? Also, I'd like to live in an exciting, young area that is somewhat affordable, studios are fine but I'd need to keep rent at or around $500-550 a month. How is parking? How do most people get to work if they work downtown? I am a train/bus girl in Chicago so I don't mind public transit if it's safe and clean.
You'd save money on housing--but it's harder to meet people and public transit is in far worse shape.

Capital Hill would be your best bet.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 AM

351 posts, read 649,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
Supposedly there are many more single men than single women in Denver. I guess that would make sense since the big draw in the area is a manlier sort of lifestyle--the hiking, climbing, biking, sports, beer, etc. Honestly, I think the whole ratio is over-rated. If you're a complete douche you're going to have a hard time meeting girls no matter what the ratio.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:44 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maleman View Post
hi.

it seems to me that denver's not a bad place to be single if you're female, maybe better if you're female and sporty (like to ski, run, bike). it's harder for males, it seems. the male:female ratio is one of the higher in the country in denver, and is vying for the highest in the country in Boulder, certainly for a place it's size. the forbes stuff doesn't account for that or the fact that the population in denver and in boulder is rather 1D - sort of one type of person tends to be what you see much of the time (not very diverse in CO in general). CO is a close second to AK overall in terms of male:female ratio. and you can feel these things moving here from elsewhere, certainly after a while if not at first. contrary to one of the posts here, i would not agree that coloradans and denverites are overall accomodating to outsiders, especially those from NY, CA, or TX, but the general feel is less engaging than it can be elsewhere. it's a clique-ish place. a place where if you're into joining a softball team and drinking and young-ish seeming bars with other young professional (and maybe not seeming very NY, CA, or TX), smiley, "keep it light and talk skiing and college football" kinds of folks, you'll probably get along just fine and meet other singles you can like, especially maybe if you're female. basically, if you're sporty, outgoing, midwestern, have some money, and are relatively conventional you could probably love it here. if you're cerebral, kind of unusual, into lots of culture, an artist, not an athlete, don't have some money and/or a good job landed BEFORE getting here, or an introvert, it might take you a while to find your people and niche if ever.
I agree with this post 100%.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:55 AM

39 posts, read 235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crudolph View Post
I am a 24 yr. old living in Chicago and thinking about moving to Denver in the fall. I know almost no one, is Denver an easy place to meet people? Also, I'd like to live in an exciting, young area that is somewhat affordable, studios are fine but I'd need to keep rent at or around $500-550 a month. How is parking? How do most people get to work if they work downtown? I am a train/bus girl in Chicago so I don't mind public transit if it's safe and clean.
Crudolph-

I will also be moving to Denver this fall and I am also from Chicago. Have you ever been to Colorado before? I was there about a month ago and the people overall were very nice. I love Chicago, but Colorado people seem a lot more welcoming and open to who they let in to their "social" circle.
Renting also seems to be A LOT more affordable than in Chicago. I will be living with someone, but if I were to live on my own, 500 range would be sufficient enough for me to get and affordable, nice place to live..The complexes are beautiful! Parking for me didnt seem to be a problem in Denver and I was there over New Years eve weekend!
Unfortunately, I am spoiled here in Chicago. I only take the train downtown on the 3rd of July when the fireworks are going on, and I would be commuting by car in Colorado also. However, from what I read in these forums and books, commuting is NOTHING like Chicago. There seems to be enough transportation to everywhere in Denver. Demographically, Denver seem very much like Chicago. There are the "good" "safe" sides and the places that girls our age shouldnt go alone.
Well, I hope this gives you a little help with some of your questions, but overall my experience was great and there seems to be a lot of us moving this fall from Chicago...we should start a club...LOL. Good Luck and stay safe!

-Jeepgrl

Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,073,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgrl015 View Post
Demographically, Denver seem very much like Chicago.
I don't know what you mean by this. Chicago is much, much more diverse than Denver.

Demographics according to the 2005-2007 American Community Survey

Denver
74.5% White (50.5% non-Hispanic-White alone)
34.2% Hispanic
10.8% Black
3.7% Asian
1.9% American Indian
11.6% Other

Chicago
38.9% White
28.1% Hispanic
35.6% Black
5.3% Asian
0.5% American Indian
21.3% Other

Old 01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
I'm wondering why people are responding to 1-time posters that posted way back in 07'. But to each his/her own.

I like tolife's suggestions the best; hit the trails and if you like in-shape women, that's where they'll be!

The matchdotcom scene is supposed to be fantastic in Denver.

When I left Denver to build a home and marry my wife MrsGowdog, I left a harem of women behind! So that right there freed up yous guys odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver