Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,696,634 times

Advertisements

I would start contacting lawyers. And not big firms, but try to find little guys. Hit the net, everything is on the net. Try search terms like, "immigration lawyer", "U.S." and "Denver".

Quote:
Originally Posted by art student View Post
Does any one have any info on moving to Denver from outside of the US.
i currently live in the uk and after only 2 trips to Denver fell in love with the place, not to mention someone there.
But i have no idea where to go from just 'wanting' to move, who do i go to? Who can make this happen for me legally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 11:56 AM

30 posts, read 92,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I would start contacting lawyers. And not big firms, but try to find little guys. Hit the net, everything is on the net. Try search terms like, "immigration lawyer", "U.S." and "Denver".
Thankyou
i feel really lame and stupid for asking the obvious, but i want to have facts not ideas about this.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Well, it's not that lame. And that's what forums are good for. I'm just sorry I couldn't really provide more info. Awhile back I decided I wanted to move to Costa Rica. So I searched the web and found tons of info. It's a starting point anyway.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,341,759 times
Quote:
Another thing is, it's great to get a job here but once you are here you are competing with job applicants just like you--younger and dying to get here. That means workers with experience get treated badly over and over.
This is happening in Portland OR where I live and is one of the many reasons I want to live. Unlike most of the potential movers here I am not in my 20's, 30's, 40's or even 50's. I am in my 60's still working and intend to for the rest of my life. My experience has been in office work. Does this mean there would be no hope for me ever getting a good job?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:36 PM

Minervah: Not necessarily. My mom is your age and lives in a tiny town. She is having a hard time. She works for the city, but the city is so small. The people coming in all have MBA's and the like and are 30 years her younger. She can't compete with that.

But here in Denver, jobs are far more abundant, giving you more opportunity and choice. Where I work, there are tons of people your age in the office. And my work gives awesome benefits and pay. A lot of people retire at my work. I bet it's the same at other corps. in Denver.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:14 AM

60 posts, read 171,031 times
Wow, this thread is over a year old now. Seems like there is a lot in common with us young folk looking to move to the CO area. I'll be graduating soon with my Masters in Film & Television- I was researching some of the post production houses in the Denver, CO Springs area. Does anyone have any experience with this industry? (Commercial work, Films, Documentaries, etc.)?

I'm almost 29 and unless you count my big happy dog, I'm single. I'd like to visit Denver in June or July and if I like it make the move. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:36 PM

49 posts, read 156,881 times
31 here, moving from Detroit to Denver in 2 weeks and can' wait. It's surprising how many people are leaving michigan in droves, and a good percent of them are heading right to Denver. I've already got 7 good friends waiting for me to arrive.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:51 PM

49 posts, read 218,805 times
i'm leaving ohio in 3 weeks for denver. can't come soon enough...

Old 05-07-2008, 04:03 PM

1,371 posts, read 3,688,193 times
Welcome to those of you who are soon moving here! I hope you find it's everything you hope it will be! I can't imagine living anywhere else. It's not perfect, but it's not the pits, either.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,140 times
I moved from "the oc" last summer its definitely a lifestyle change, and its a lot slower pace coming from san diego as well as orange county . its definitely not as flashy and people are more down to earth as well. I moved out here with my husband and kids so far its been good the winter is a challenge but not miserable ,I have met a few friends I really enjoy, thats important so god luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver