U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:57 AM

4 posts, read 16,279 times

Advertisements

I would like to start a thread dedicated to Palomino Park Resort apartments in Highlands Ranch Colorado.

Sometimes in life you are faced with a situation where someone/something is trying to "hide" the truth. I have had my own experince with this company but intend to hold back my thoughts until we can build a decent cross section of folks so the post can be accurate and filled with un-diluted TRUTH from those who have ACTUAL experience with this company.

So lets keep it clean & by the city-data.com rules so when this post goes where I KNOW it will go - it can stay forever and be read by thousands of potential/former/current PP customers.

As is often said in life - you can make your own bed - but you have to 'lie' in it YOURSELF then- also.

The truth will set you free. Maybe it is time to change if so many people are angry with your company that they make it a priority to "get the word out" however possible?

If you had considered this possibility many YEARS AGO you wouldnt have spent the last 8 years ruining your OWN reputation because you think your property is something special, capable of taking what is NOT legally or rightfully yours (outright theft) without consequence because you live/work/own in a gated community.

If CITY-DATA.COM takes this post down, then I will only be able to ASSUME you desire to hide the true nature of Palomino Parks business practices.

I dont think city-data.com is a safe harbor for companies who prey on consumers, dont prove me wrong.

Last edited by Palimino Park; 11-16-2008 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Had to subscribe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 AM

4 posts, read 16,279 times
Aloha!

Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,520 times
In my brief experience with the management of this complex, I have discovered, at some cost, that they are an organization to stay away from. I am fortunate to have discovered this before I moved in. They are arrogant and unaccommodating. Beware!!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,311,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnowell View Post
In my brief experience with the management of this complex, I have discovered, at some cost, that they are an organization to stay away from. I am fortunate to have discovered this before I moved in. They are arrogant and unaccommodating. Beware!!
I reached the same conclusion when I was recently looking. The general consensus is that they were good before I think 2008 then they were purchased by some big corporate entity, replaced all the staff and everything went to hell

Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 PM

226 posts, read 669,916 times
Hm.... interesting comments. I met with a leasing agent when I was apartment hunting a few months ago. Looked at 3 units, and they had random lease durations of 10 months, 9 months, and one was even 6 months. They would not let me sign the 6 month unit for 12 months. If you think about it, the reason is obvious... but I will not speculate out loud here, as I'm sure big brother (their corporate lawyers) are watching.....

Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM

50 posts, read 101,728 times
I live in Palomino Park. It's my first experience living in a "big corporate" apartment complex, but so far I don't have a problem with it. The maintenance crew is very speedy and the amenities are great. The fees for things like pet ownership or early lease breaks seem REALLY high, but I don't plan to do either of those things. We have new neighbors who moved from another complex within PP - they love it and have been here 7 years. They just wanted a bigger apartment.

Our rent did go up 7% upon lease renewal this month. If I wasn't planning on buying a house by the time our lease runs out, I'd probably be more concerned, but we don't plan on staying here long-term. Our renewal options were 5, 6, or 12 month lease. 6 months was the most expensive option, which struck me as odd, but I figured it had something to do with the real estate cycle.

I really wish the OP or others would be more specific. I'm not seeing any "obvious" corrupt business practices or stealing. If there's something I need to be concerned about, please do spell it out. I don't love the place, but I don't hate it either. I'm just confused and interested.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 AM

39 posts, read 63,606 times
Default Do Tell - thinking of renting there

We just got back from looking at Palomino Park yesterday. We were very attracted to it because it seemed more spread out with more trees and nature than other giant complexes we have seen. So many complexes are just building after building sitting right on parking lots with no views.

This is a place we are considering, but we would REALLY like to know the full scoop before we commit. I don't want to have big regrets or find out bad things after moving in. Any light you can shed on the issue would be very much appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of another apartment where it is scenic and has a little bit of nature--in ANY area around the city, near or far--PLEASE let us know!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,311,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailing_st_croix View Post
We just got back from looking at Palomino Park yesterday. We were very attracted to it because it seemed more spread out with more trees and nature than other giant complexes we have seen. So many complexes are just building after building sitting right on parking lots with no views.

This is a place we are considering, but we would REALLY like to know the full scoop before we commit. I don't want to have big regrets or find out bad things after moving in. Any light you can shed on the issue would be very much appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows of another apartment where it is scenic and has a little bit of nature--in ANY area around the city, near or far--PLEASE let us know!!!
I would say look at reviews, I looked at a ton of reviews for Palomino Park when I was looking at it and there are a ton of negatives. Have to look at what they are for too, a lot of negative reviews for a lot of apartments are like small stupid things, but a lot of them there were huge things

Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 AM

39 posts, read 63,606 times
Where do you find apartment reviews???

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM

50 posts, read 101,728 times
sailing_st_croix, feel free to PM me with specific questions. We live in Green River and it's nice and quiet back here by the golf course. Blue Ridge seemed noisy, being right off Quebec. The trees here were quite beautiful this fall, but maybe I'm just being over-romantic having lived in the piney woods of south Louisiana for the last 10 years and never getting to see a real fall!

Odd that the original poster has never come back with specifics. I'm the type of person who reads contracts letter for letter. I knew the fees and penalties were high, but I'm a responsible person and could handle signing up to what I read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or