Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:27 PM

41 posts, read 120,964 times

Advertisements

My wife is from Northern Illinois. Landscape wise, nothing to brag about by any means, BUT, she is use to experiencing the brilliance of every season.

Can y'all tell me what the seasons are typically like, especially fall? One thing she loves, is the changing of the colors on the trees, the auburns and the golds, and such..... is there a brilliant, or close to it, fall in Denver?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar76 View Post
My wife is from Northern Illinois. Landscape wise, nothing to brag about by any means, BUT, she is use to experiencing the brilliance of every season.

Can y'all tell me what the seasons are typically like, especially fall? One thing she loves, is the changing of the colors on the trees, the auburns and the golds, and such..... is there a brilliant, or close to it, fall in Denver?

Thanks.
Though we've had lovely weather this fall, Fall is not usually all that spectacular for color, at least not in Denver. That said, this fall has been beautiful for color, at least for us, but it's not New England beautiful even now. The aspens in the mountains are colorful in late September, though, and that's certainly a beautiful sight.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,427,778 times
Fall? It's 73 degrees here, now.

The leaves are dramatic in the high country. I take my kids on a different route each fall (late September) the views are spectacular.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:27 PM

224 posts, read 559,520 times
Default colorado color

Quote:

Thanks.
I'm from D.C. where the fall color is pretty wonderful. Moving to Colorado, I was happy to find that the older parts of Denver have a surprising variety of deciduous trees; in my opinion the fall color there is just lovely. I live up in the foothills now, and found plenty of smaller-scale color this fall: rocky mountain maples, mountain ash, oregon grape, hawthorn, choke cherry. This fall has been really beautiful. Tell your wife she won't be disappointed!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:

Thanks.
Sometimes it's beautiful, like this year. Other years, not so much. If it snows before the leaves drop they just turn black and fall off. Re: the Aspen, for years I felt like it was "much ado about nothing", but now my attitude is more "It's not much, but it's all we've got". The trees in Denver have been planted there. There are not a lot of natural trees out here on the grasslands. I am from Pennsylvania, and believe me, it's more beautiful out there in the fall, and much more consistent. But I've been away so long I don't miss it like I used to.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Thanks everyone! Sounds like it might be worth a shot.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:23 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,862 times
Fall colors depend on the season and how early it snows and causes the leaves to drop. It is the oxygen levels that make the leaves turn, not the freezing temps. These are some shots I took fall of 2007 and fall of 2008. Not everything changes color before it falls as you will see some green. Sorry the quality is not the best in some of them, but hopefully this wtih give the Mrs. a feel for Denver during the fall. On a side note, it is very cool that you are concerned about her happiness.

Denver Aztec

Up by Echo Lake, about 30 minutes from Denver:

Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM

123 posts, read 524,759 times
Quote:
My wife is from Northern Illinois. Landscape wise, nothing to brag about by any means...
Not a very nice thing to say about your wife. Get her a gym membership and she can probably improve her "landscape".

Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,862 times
I think he is talking about Northern Illinois silly.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottodog View Post
Not a very nice thing to say about your wife. Get her a gym membership and she can probably improve her "landscape".
funny guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver