Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:05 AM

11,550 posts, read 52,969,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Erie is 30 minutes from Denver eh? Maybe speeding with zero traffic.

It is in the middle of nowhere -- but there are quite a few acerage lots up that way for (in relative terms) cheap.
Depends upon the time of day when you do the commute, and obviously not in winter driving conditions when I-25 is iced up or there's less than the normal number of lanes open. Any traffic accident on I-25 will create a severe restriction in traffic flow, too ....

But, yes, from Erie to Denver's northside is normally done in 30 minutes in non-rush hour traffic, and does not need speeding. Downtown destinations aren't but a few minutes longer.

Rush hour is a whole 'nother story. The traffic can easily back up somewhat North of 120th on I-25 and be stop-and-go all the way through the downtown area of Denver. Best to avoid this time frame by leaving a bit early or going through late.

My commute from Hwy 52/C R 5 to Santa Fe/Belleview was quicker than my prior commute from Ken Caryl Ranch to Santa Fe/Belleview after the first few subdivisions went in at the KC Ranch and the Kipling/Wadsworth/Santa Fe corridors northbound in the AM became a slow drive for hours in the AM.

Access to DIA is also pretty good since the 470 Beltway went in, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,687,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Erie is 30 minutes from Denver eh? Maybe speeding with zero traffic.

It is in the middle of nowhere -- but there are quite a few acerage lots up that way for (in relative terms) cheap.
This is true to a degree, but as my earlier post mentioned, Erie contains land in both Boulder and Weld Counties. Boulder County property is quite expensive and not "cheap", even in relative terms, as compared with property located in Weld County.

Most properties I see with any appreciable acreage (perhaps over an acre) run upwards of $500,000 unless, of course, the house is tiny and outdated or it's just vacant land. If you go further north or east into Weld County, real estate becomes less expensive.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,690,816 times
Steveindenver said: "(Erie) is in the middle of nowhere."

Okay, first off, what is your point??

Second, how is right next to Boulder, down the road from Denver, very close to the mountains, how is that "in the middle of nowhere" ??

Steve, you have a strange definition of "middle of nowhere". Don't go to Kansas, please....

Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,391,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The town itself, is, in a word, quaint.

If you are asking about the newer homes in the area, they are pretty much disconnected from the town and really only have the Erie address in common. The same tract homes you can find anywhere.
ahh, but there is a good sub-division within the mess of spec homes. Erie Village is one forgotten New-Urbanism sub-division. Brightly colored Neo-Victorian homes. Driving through is a nice experience as well. A few weeks ago I went through to photograph a few homes that I was part of the design team on, and I got smiles, waves and all out friendliness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver