Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 10:43 PM

15 posts, read 50,024 times

Advertisements

My husband & I will be moving out there sometime in the mid-December/1st of the year range. He will be working for the National Renewable Energy Lab in Golden. It's basically a perfect fit for him, and we're so happy.

Now it's time for me to find a career! I want to connect with you in case you may have heard of any great positions opening lately.

I just graduated with my bachelor's in communication studies with an emphasis in public relations. I have a lot of leadership experience in and outside of school & I know I will be a dedicated employee for whoever chooses to offer me a position.

I am interested in getting into an entry-level human resources job. I have experience training new servers at my current job & I just love supporting people in that transition from new hire to capable employee. I enjoy developing training materials and interviewing. And strangely enough, I kinda love paperwork. I'm not necessarily looking to be a receptionist by any means, but as far as organization goes, I'm all over it.

So HR is my number one preference, but I am also interested & open to things like employee relations coordinating, organizational communications, public relations, event planning, non-profit work, and advertising account executive work. I, however, am not all that interested in sales positions, door-to-door work, or pyramid schemes (which seem to comprise a surprising number of the job postings on sites like monster.com & careerbuilder.com).

Please keep your eyes peeled for anything that may be a good fit for me. My professors have always drilled it into my brain that networking is the absolute best avenue for landing jobs, so I figured it's worth a shot. Thank you for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
Congratulations to your husband getting the job at NREL!

Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 AM

15 posts, read 50,024 times
Thanks! We're so excited.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 AM

6,799 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I know I mention this site all the time, but I've had a lot of good luck with Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed. It indexes most of the other job sites AND sites like craigslist. The only thing it doesn't do, at least that I'm aware of, is that it doesn't index individual employer websites. You still have to check those on your own. Hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Gratz :-) I know there are a good number of HR positions around Denver with the number HQ's, I knew people in the areas and they had no issues before the big dump. Just be sure to find a company and look on the website for positions, and some placement agencies can do a really good job of at least finding something your interested in (sometimes it's junk, but gets experiance and your foot in the door).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: