U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:35 PM

1,017 posts, read 2,699,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsailor View Post
I lived in Denver for some time and I would recommend Lone Tree. It is close to the I- 25 connections, twenty minutes from the hospitals in Aurora, ten minutes from Cherry Creek and University of Denver, and with the new train stop near Sky Ridge hospital, you can get to downtown without driving and enjoy the Rockies!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM

351 posts, read 539,657 times
Well, I'm a suburb lover, too. I'm far too square to live among the hipsters in LoDo! I grew up in suburban Denver and Highlands Ranch is one of my favorites. It's extraordinarily cookie-cutter because it was master planned. That's the bad part. The good part is that it's master planned. lol. The parks and open spaces are great and everything is very convenient. Needless to say, HR has lots of beautiful homes in great neighborhoods.

Littleton, Westminster, and Centennial might have a little more character and neighborhoods closer to I-25 will have better condo options in part because of Light Rail.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:50 AM
tew

209 posts, read 567,862 times
Hey cabolissa

I think the same as you. I lived in CA for 31 years and didnt think people were so nice. I have to say CO is a good choice for me and my family. Ive been here over 2 years and dont want to go back. Maybe we'll be neighbors soon.

Happy hunting.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:04 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,035,760 times
An hour and a half each day in a car and thousands spent on gas each year to live in a small house on a small lot far away from everything where you have to drive for everything including a gallon of milk.

And people ask why the United States is doomed.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,882,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
An hour and a half each day in a car and thousands spent on gas each year to live in a small house on a small lot far away from everything where you have to drive for everything including a gallon of milk.

How is Highlands Ranch far away from everything? Its only far away from what YOU deem important. Why can't people grasp that everybody doesn't want to live in a dense urban environment?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:30 PM

13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
How is Highlands Ranch far away from everything? Its only far away from what YOU deem important. Why can't people grasp that everybody doesn't want to live in a dense urban environment?
Hey, my friends, let's all get along. My friends, I see both of your points.

Steve is referring to the people that live in places like Highlands Ranch that unnecessarily commute 45 minutes plus (each way) just to "live" in a place like Highlands Ranch. My friends, it is almost to say that everywhere between their home and their job isn't good enough to said persons' high standards.

Escape is validating another point, my friends. Highlands Ranch isn't far from grocery shopping, big box stores or kids activities. Highlands Ranch is far from other things, like downtown and the airport, but those things aren't needed on a daily basis, only occasionally, if at all, my friends.

My friends, the point remains, there is no sense in living far from work. If you work in or near HR, go ahead and live in HR, for those of us that are turned off by a place like that, we don't ever have to go there if we don't want to. However, the fact remains, that there are people that do live far from their jobs, unnecessarily, and that is not a good thing for America, my friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by Count David; 11-27-2008 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: added salutation

Old 11-27-2008, 09:09 PM

86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times
I think David makes good sense. I would not want to commute a long way to work. I currently have a 4 1/2 mile, 10-12 minute drive. If you work in the DTC, you do not have a long drive from HR. If you work downtown, you have a much longer drive. Even if you take public transportation, the time you spend commuting could be better spent doing other things.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:56 PM

351 posts, read 539,657 times
Quote:

.....says the guy living in the "urban mecca" of Denver, Colorado. hahahahaha!!

Old 11-29-2008, 03:30 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,742,533 times
Try Centennial, west of I-25 and north of C-470. Mature landscaping, nice houses, excellent schools, lots of community amenities, walkable to shopping, close to light rail, and easy access to I-25 & C-470.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:42 PM

24,839 posts, read 29,990,170 times
From what you describe, I think you would like Highlands Ranch. We moved here 1.5 years ago from central CA. It has lots of parks, trails, 4 rec centers, each with indoor and outdoor pools. try hrcaonline.org. There are also some great views from some locations. I'll post some pictures if I have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver