U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM

3,849 posts, read 6,754,406 times

Advertisements

yeah, it's a strange obsession. and who cares what the chamber of commerce says? I mean, go there and decide for yourself, talk to people who live there, etc.
I don't why LB is so negative about it and taking it sooo seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
Ive never seen anyone take Denver's weather so seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
It has to do with telling the TRUTH and not lying. People sometimes paint a picture of the the area that is not based in reality or truth. You, along with some others, are guilty of that.

People will ask how the weather in Denver is and the reply they get is that the winters are very mild, it's mostly sunny (300 days of sunshine), temps are always in the 60's and 70's and that people wear shorts for the greater part of the winter. We all know that is a lie.

You see, you are like NBC news, you have an agenda and you only give one side of the story and manipulate the facts. I am here to give the other side and balance this out.

Also, I did not bring up the "skin cancer" part, go back and read. It was brought-up by one of your Denverites. I actually replied in favor of the sun exposure. They were arguing the negative side.
You need to be corrected IT'S FOX NEWS that lies and has an agenda

Old 12-11-2008, 02:22 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,658,704 times
In the context of location & activities, of course cold weather sucks - like in Gunnison or Fraser, "The Icebox", and especially if you post-hole a snowmobile out in the middle of nowhere and don't have all the right gear. I have friends who've lived this kind of nightmare.

Yes, cold weather 'sucks' if one is not prepared.

In terms of day to day urban living, you just get used to it, and the few really 'cold' days we have around here make the mild ones that much more enjoyable. What we've had lately isn't 'cold' by my standards, but everybody has their own perspective/reference points.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM

3,530 posts, read 8,720,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Yes, cold weather 'sucks' if one is not prepared.
I don't know, I go prepared and I still think it sucks because my face is still frozen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
What we've had lately isn't 'cold' by my standards, but everybody has their own perspective/reference points.
I totally agree with that. It's been almost just fall lately. I'm waiting for the real winter to set in.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:01 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I don't know, I go prepared and I still think it sucks because my face is still frozen!

Of course you will have to cut out a hole for your hair, but this works every time for the frozen face condition!

Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM

3,530 posts, read 8,720,793 times
um, I might get pulled aside by security if I try to enter my office like that!!! I'd just cram my hair in it.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM

366 posts, read 1,174,335 times
If anyone is bored, take a look at the history of the OP's posts. He/she starts a "what is cold weather like" thread like 10 times, and just changes the wording....

Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 PM

862 posts, read 2,353,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
You need to be corrected IT'S FOX NEWS that lies and has an agenda
That's another debate for another day. The REALITY and FACTS show that the coverage is biased when it comes to MSNBC/NBC.

MSNBC/NBC news coverage was analyzed by a nonpartisan group and the results were clear that they were very one-sided in their coverage. (Pro Democrat and Pro liberal) Also, they are in LAST PLACE when it comes to cable TV News ratings. LAST PLACE. And for good reason...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 PM

862 posts, read 2,353,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post

I totally agree with that. It's been almost just fall lately. I'm waiting for the real winter to set in.
It's coming! This weekend, most likely by Sunday, a very strong cold front is barreling down on Denver. As of now, they are forecasting single digit temps, with below zero temps at night. Heavy snow and strong winds.

As it gets closer, they will know more, but for now, it appears it will be VERY COLD, below zero temps, below zero wind chills, and snow. Of course, it could change, as it's unpredictable Denver weather but for now it looks like a go.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,122 times
LBear, if you are living in Flaggstaff, AZ or somewhere near there, why are you still so hung up on Denver weather and our forecast? You moved, why carry extra baggage with you? It is really bad for your health to haunt happy people who are happy in Denver. I feel sad for you and all the pent up anger that your move here was not what you expected. Have tried to take your 300 days of sunshine case up with those who lied to you originally? The Chamber would love to hear what you have to say.

Last edited by DenverAztec; 12-11-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or