U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 07:23 AM

7,340 posts, read 16,653,411 times

Advertisements

Oh yes, that beautiful snow falling gently to the ground and the moon shining on that same beautiful snow......what a sight! This can really get people into the "Christmas Spirit". And, seeing kids play in snow is really neat for parents and grandparents to see.
Now, the bad part that comes along with that stunningly beautiful snow falling and twinkling in the moonlight......the shoveling, driving and sliding all through that "white beauty"! The older folks, like us, can't do all that shoveling anymore, let alone driving in the slick stuff that much. So, yes, glistening snow is great to look at, but having to deal with it for some folks just isn't fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,528,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The forcast this morning said Christmas should be sunny and 56, so plan your barbeque accordingly!
yeah, but it might be 56 at 11 am, then shift to 14 degrees by 3pm and blizzard by 5pm

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,298,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
yeah, but it might be 56 at 11 am, then shift to 14 degrees by 3pm and blizzard by 5pm
I think if that were going to happen, the forecast would have reflected it. Not that that can't happen here, but it's supposed to be dry later next week.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,024,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
As they say, "one persons paradise is another persons hell. "
"One person's truth is another person's donkey brey."

Old 12-19-2008, 08:54 AM

402 posts, read 1,135,530 times
"If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes"

Last edited by zionvier; 12-19-2008 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: mispelled the word 'if'... seriously... how does that happen?

Old 12-19-2008, 09:02 AM

456 posts, read 1,440,383 times
wow..56 and Sunny in Denver on xmas day. I'll be in Chicago..where it's a high of 19! YAY!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:53 PM

7,340 posts, read 16,653,411 times
Yea, we remember a week in the Spring of 2007. It started snowing hard late on Monday evening, continued thru Tuesday and ended on Wednesday morning. Don't remember how many inches, but there was definitely wet snow on the roads. The warm weather pattern came in on Friday and that weekend the temps were in the upper 70's. We drove by Chatfield Reservior and there were numerous boats out on the water! The same for at Cherry Creek! The boat ramps had already been opened at Chatfield and Cherry Creek. That was some kind of week in weather! Winter then Spring/Summer all in one a 7-day period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
"If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes"

Old 12-19-2008, 06:25 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,528,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I think if that were going to happen, the forecast would have reflected it. Not that that can't happen here, but it's supposed to be dry later next week.
your joking right, denver weather forcasts are as reliable as a 3 day old full diaper.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:51 PM

402 posts, read 1,135,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
your joking right, denver weather forcasts are as reliable as a 3 day old full diaper.

I'm sure there's something you can rely on a 3 day old diaper to be!

I used to be a huge fan of the weather channel until I moved to Colorado. Other places I live I used to watch it like a movie while doing other things. But they are rarely good for anything here in CO, besides a general idea of what the temperature will be... but only looking a day or two into the forecast, any farther and they it's not very reliable. I've come to find the local news tends to do a little bit better job.

My parents still watch the weather channel in Jersey and constantly call me and say things like: "Weather channel says you guys have some big storms on the way later tonight.".... my answer: "Well the forecast for Denver is 70 and sunny... but I think Summit County is getting snow." The weather channel apparently doesn't realize Denver isn't actually in the mountains.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:01 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,649,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
I'm sure there's something you can rely on a 3 day old diaper to be!

I used to be a huge fan of the weather channel until I moved to Colorado. Other places I live I used to watch it like a movie while doing other things. But they are rarely good for anything here in CO, besides a general idea of what the temperature will be... but only looking a day or two into the forecast, any farther and they it's not very reliable. I've come to find the local news tends to do a little bit better job.

My parents still watch the weather channel in Jersey and constantly call me and say things like: "Weather channel says you guys have some big storms on the way later tonight.".... my answer: "Well the forecast for Denver is 70 and sunny... but I think Summit County is getting snow." The weather channel apparently doesn't realize Denver isn't actually in the mountains.
My extended family in Nebraska used to do that, too. My MIL obsessed about every little flake. I remember one time in July when she said "It snowed in Denver"! I had to gently tell her, no, maybe in the mountains, but not in Denver. My family in Pennsylvania had less trouble believing that Denver's weather is very changeable, as so is Pittsburgh's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or