Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM

21 posts, read 64,978 times

Advertisements

Yes! Keep telling others to stay away! This way us Natives can keep this gem to ourselves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 05:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Denver is a great place.

Y'all come!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:17 PM

380 posts, read 1,228,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Denver is a great place.

Y'all come!
Yes, Denver is a wonderful place to live!!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM

15 posts, read 44,923 times
Default GET OUT. yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Not to mention one of the most educated and fit metro areas in the nation----
horrible,simply a horrible place to be----GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Too much competition for lawyers here!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:52 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy cat View Post
Maybe they'll all naturally start fighting amongst each other for survival and go ultimately go extinct j/k... I know there's a few good lawyers out there that should be spared.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:36 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
HA, good one. It is quite saturated here. Still some good money to be had though.

Quote:

Old 12-16-2008, 01:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
Just a few, no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
Maybe they'll all naturally start fighting amongst each other for survival and go ultimately go extinct j/k... I know there's a few good lawyers out there that should be spared.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,158 times
I am moving to Denver by the new year and i hope that person is gone by then. Somebody needs a big dose of happiness!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:14 PM

399 posts, read 1,549,952 times
This post is great! Seriously, although I am in Oxnard, CA right now, I am loving this!

Here's my two cents...First of all, I was about to run outside and cry and spraypaint a fake CO plate on the front, since FL plates dont' have a front one...I am glad to know the lynch mob has been diverted...Um seriously...Grow up! Out of state plates in a major metro city? Where have you been? These Automobiles are capable of highway travel...try getting out of state...You might find another place you like even more...But don't move there, lest you find yourself criticizing your plates...Ever heard of a MELTING POT?

Nice swing with the pile. I grew up about 4 hours from Chicago, and the snow, well...it's a lot worse here when it hits hard...But the cold...OH YEAH! With the exception of the past week, the weather here is definitely warmer in the winter, with nice sunny days in between and the snow looks nice and pretty covering the landscape...but no longer the highways...Man I don't miss those Indiana winters where all the snow turns to slush and then refreezes...

If you don't like snow, the Rocky Mountain Front Range may just not be for you. I spent 5 yrs in Florida, Mississippi Gulf Coast, and then Hawaii. Then another 3 in the Florida Keys...It's beautiful, if you like paying out the ass for a small apartment...Try about 1500+ for a one bedroom in Key West. And not a large one, either! Paradise has a price, my friend. trust me. It's why I am 30 and don't really own any furniture, or anything...There was no space in my bedroom I rented (with shared bath) for $850 a month, a staggering room with an old half broken window and a 10x12 size...But it was paradise...

So here's the rub...I get to Colorado...I'll blast Denver all day on Freeway speeds, but seriously, it's not that bad a city...I don't know why people don't understand what a big city entails..I have lived here a few months, and am not fond of Aurora by any means, but that's my problem. Find some happiness in your life, OP...

Ah yes, I am an outsider, but in Indiana, where I grew up, life was different. I always dreamed of the mountains, since I was a kid. We had three skyscrapers at 22 stories being the tallest one in Fort Wayne, and the city was large but had a small town feel to it. Denver is a beautiful city. Pretend you are doing research to move here and go online, not just biased...

I spent about 12 hours a week online after working hours in Key West researching this city...the good, the bad, the ugly, and I found it to be mostly good. Compared to big cities like this, a lot of places have a LOT more issues than Denver. People are generally nice, as long as you are. There's always something to complain about, but just dig yourself out of the snow and come on down here and shake some hands...

Hi, I've lived in six states in my life. It's been a great opening experience in many ways, and I have often found myself comparing them...Like Hawaii's traffic issue on Oahu for instance...vs Denver. I am enriched from Denver in just the two short months I have been here, and well, to be honest, I am looking forward to seeing more...

I just went out of town and not even an hour away I was in the middle of nowhere. No people, no roads....Just mountain landscape and jaw dropping beauty...It's why I'm here....Why are you? Revisit that...In Key West there's just no escape. We love the tourists, but they are EVERYWHERE!! You can't get away. Here you can drive and spend no more than $15 in gas and be in absolutely untouched beautiful country? Ask anyone in any other city if that would interest them!

And as far as the highways go...I'm learning. Frustrated but learning. You're right about winter conditions messing up the roads. but that's really unavoidable. Snow fell for 2 hours last week and California closed every road going into LA from the High Plains Desert in Hesperia...Coming from Denver, I had to laugh, I've driven on worse in the past week!

Have a good Holiday, OP...Get some Cheer....PLEASE!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I thought the OP was a nurse! (RN)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver