U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,802,953 times

Advertisements

Horrors! -15 in Denver!

Gee, let's see what some other places looked like today:

High for the STATE in North Dakota today: -7 in Fargo
Low for the state of North Dakota: -27 in Williston

High for the state of Wyoming today: 22 at Rawlins
Low for the state of Wyoming today: -20 at Casper, Gillette, Cody, Worland, and Greybull

Colorado? 30 at Cortez for the state high temperature today.
-20 at Kremmling for the state low temperature today.

The difference is that Denver will likely warm back up again to more "normal" winter temperatures. Many of these other locales see the temperatures shown for them as a regular occurrence all winter. LBear loves to complain about how awful Denver weather is as far as cold temperatures go. Apparently, he has never lived for any length of time (or at all) where there is REAL winter. Some of us actually don't mind cold weather and snow. As one of my relatives from North Dakota said when someone asked him about the rigorous winters there, "Hey, it keeps the riff-raff out!"

Old 12-15-2008, 09:03 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,902,430 times
Wow now Chicken LittleBear's annoying people in the Phoenix forum with stories of how horrible Denver is.

The Arctic Cold Has Made Denver Residents Go Mad!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 PM

862 posts, read 2,354,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Wow now Chicken LittleBear's annoying people in the Phoenix forum with stories of how horrible Denver is.

The Arctic Cold Has Made Denver Residents Go Mad!
I knew it, you are a stalker!

Creepy thing to have a stalker following you.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,802,953 times
For LBear and others--this link from the North Dakota forum: This is what REAL winter looks like . . .

Photography |* INFORUM | Fargo, North Dakota - Moorhead, Minnesota (http://www.in-forum.com/photography/gallery.cfm?id=1435## - broken link) . Not mentioned was the chill factor well below -30 to -50 during much of the storm. Those folks might have something to complain about. But, you know what? Most of the people I know who live up in that country don't complain incessantly about the cold weather--they just go on about their lives. The ones who just can't "buck up"--well, they leave.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,012,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
for lbear and others--this link from the north dakota forum: This is what real winter looks like . . .

photography |* inforum | fargo, north dakota - moorhead, minnesota (http://www.in-forum.com/photography/gallery.cfm?id=1435## - broken link) . Not mentioned was the chill factor well below -30 to -50 during much of the storm. Those folks might have something to complain about. But, you know what? Most of the people i know who live up in that country don't complain incessantly about the cold weather--they just go on about their lives. The ones who just can't "buck up"--well, they leave.

how true

Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,902,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post

Don't flatter yourself. It was visible on the main state listing page.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:

Just a wee bit paranoid maybe---Escapecalifornia can't be stalking you
cause I'm stalking her---don't look out your window! lol

Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Just a wee bit paranoid maybe---Escapecalifornia can't be stalking you
cause I'm stalking her---don't look out your window! lol
Sorry Escape I see your a guy--my bad

Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM

402 posts, read 1,133,320 times
Quote:
All major cities take their weather data from airport locations. The reasons are many but the crux of it is that they can setup their proper equipment and not have things like manhole sewer covers, building heat, and other factors skewing the proper scientific readings.
I hate to break it to you, but we have more than one airport here.... oh, and look at that, at 10:15 tonight they ALL had different readings.
Moderator cut: please post a link/not the image - copyright

Quote:
More nonsense!
DIA is only 14 miles away from the center of Denver (I-25 and & I-70). You make it sound like it is hundreds of miles away. 14 miles
.. and they are NOT EVEN HUNDREDS OF MILES APART.... there... I said it, you can quote me on that too.

Quote:
The point is you deny and argue the official NOAA and weather service data. You post readouts from your Wal-Mart thermometer next to your kitchen window as "proof" it was not -19F below zero. It becomes ludicrous trying to reason with some of the people here.
Ah yes, I forgot, the only place in the entire Denver Metro area that has a reliable casule of mercury is DIA... Man, I wonder how my NOAA weather radio gets such different temps all over the Denver Metro area, they must be guessing.

Moderator cut: link only please
... and look at that!!!! they match what weatherunderground.com had.... oh wait... I know why, they all use NOAA readings!!!!! People in Denver must be idiots, or at least no one knows how to read a thermometer, if they are getting 4 different readings around the Denver Metro area... Oh... wait, I forgot, you said we all use Wal-mart thermometers, that's why.... now I understand how this could happen. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENLIGHTENING US. I'm glad we all now know that the only REAL temps are those from DIA. We can call NOAA and tell them we don't need those other stations anymore. They seem broken anyway.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-16-2008 at 07:09 AM..

Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,237,494 times
Quote:
I never stated that the temperatures are exactly the same for the entire Denver metro area. That is a straw man you built.

What I did state was that officially the weather data is taken at DIA. All major cities take their weather data from airport locations. The reasons are many but the crux of it is that they can setup their proper equipment and not have things like manhole sewer covers, building heat, and other factors skewing the proper scientific readings.

I know there are micro-climates. Heck, when DIA recorded -19F below zero last night, it could have been -25F below zero in Westminster.

The point is you deny and argue the official NOAA and weather service data. You post readouts from your Wal-Mart thermometer next to your kitchen window as "proof" it was not -19F below zero. It becomes ludicrous trying to reason with some of the people here.

See how you just make crap up? Could have been -25?? Or could have been 0, would be more like it. You're so full of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver