U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM

22 posts, read 155,233 times

Advertisements

Katysalsa

Good message...........the deer legs sticking out made me laugh. being a native, and seeing it many times before, never thought anything of it. But I can imagine how someone new would be surprised or shocked seeing it for the first time

Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 PM

75 posts, read 276,245 times
I225 --- Going from 4 lanes starting at I-70N, then down to two at colfax, then to 4 after Parker, then to two after Yosemite. I'd have to say that I-225 was one of the worst planned highways in the metro area. Why not keep it 4 lanes across the board. I think it would reduce on the amount of stop and go that people do.

And the drivers. Being from MI, I've noticed the drivers will slam on their brakes every time they see a spec of dust on the road. I've never seen so many people hit the brakes so often since I've been here. Granted this city is much larger than Grand Rapids, MI and obviously there is more traffic here, but come on people. Drivers in Detroit, MI know only one pedal...the GAS and will go 85 - 90 in a 70 zone.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 PM

227 posts, read 921,916 times
People who cross the street downtown paying no attention to the DON'T WALK signal!!!!!! That irritates me!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:12 AM

15 posts, read 41,575 times
be vewrly, vewrlly cawefuwl!

Hey, too bad you didn't make it to happy hour last night!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 AM

14,590 posts, read 22,444,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboi81 View Post
I225 --- Going from 4 lanes starting at I-70N, then down to two at colfax, then to 4 after Parker, then to two after Yosemite. I'd have to say that I-225 was one of the worst planned highways in the metro area. Why not keep it 4 lanes across the board. I think it would reduce on the amount of stop and go that people do.

And the drivers. Being from MI, I've noticed the drivers will slam on their brakes every time they see a spec of dust on the road. I've never seen so many people hit the brakes so often since I've been here. Granted this city is much larger than Grand Rapids, MI and obviously there is more traffic here, but come on people. Drivers in Detroit, MI know only one pedal...the GAS and will go 85 - 90 in a 70 zone.
You pegged it! Colorado is lanely challenged.

I've been to Grand Rapids a couple of times working at a place called Borisch. The last time I went there it was near a holiday and I flew into O'hare and they had no flight for me to Grand Rapids. So I said, "No worries. I'll drive a rental car." So to save money for the return trip, I drove the rental car back to Chicago for my return flight back to Colorado.

I say that to say this; Michigan highways have 3 lanes! Not 2! And tractor-trailers can't drive in the "fast lane". For Coloradoans, that's the "left" lane, case you didn't know.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:39 AM

402 posts, read 1,135,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniboi81 View Post
Do you think it could have been done like that because of the "environmental impact" making it 4 lanes the entire time would have. Which I think would be extremely ironic because I think the stop/go it causes, or slow motoring that narrow highways cause may be destructive in the long term.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM

7,090 posts, read 10,768,708 times
Lanes were always okay, merging was crazy. I swear I had a woman drive in the breakdown lane for almost a mile (I wasn't watching, but it was a while) honking at me trying to get me to let her in front of me...there was no one behind me for as far as I could see. It didn't seem to matter to get on the highway, as long as she got in front of some one.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:48 AM

13,241 posts, read 24,454,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfish15 View Post
People who cross the street downtown paying no attention to the DON'T WALK signal!!!!!! That irritates me!
This is especially common when driving across the 16th Street Mall, I think its patrons forget that at times they are crossing through streets!

Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,721,583 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You pegged it! Colorado is lanely challenged.

I've been to Grand Rapids a couple of times working at a place called Borisch. The last time I went there it was near a holiday and I flew into O'hare and they had no flight for me to Grand Rapids. So I said, "No worries. I'll drive a rental car." So to save money for the return trip, I drove the rental car back to Chicago for my return flight back to Colorado.

I say that to say this; Michigan highways have 3 lanes! Not 2! And tractor-trailers can't drive in the "fast lane". For Coloradoans, that's the "left" lane, case you didn't know.
Sounds like freeways in Los Angeles. I guess that settles it. It's all California's fault

Old 12-20-2008, 09:06 AM

181 posts, read 521,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
And tractor-trailers can't drive in the "fast lane". For Coloradoans, that's the "left" lane, case you didn't know.
If the speed limit is 65 or higher, that is in fact the "passing" lane, in case you didn't know.

I agree about tractor trailers in the left lane. It's one of the few things that's good about California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or