Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:49 AM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewater View Post
Unfortunately bikes are far down the list.
That's because they're on the many many bike paths that that the Denver Metro has to offer.

I know that for a fact because I was there myself tearin' up that Platte River, C-470, Santa Fe, Bear Creek, paths and then you've got Mount Falcon Bergen Peak, etc.

Subaru; substantially underpowered, but always runs uphill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 04:07 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
In my 'hood (aging Baby Boomers and young families for the most part), it's a variety. SUVs, including the minis; small compacts for the empty nesters; minivans for the young families. Oh, yeah, a few white Subaru Forester wagons, too.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 PM

402 posts, read 1,261,667 times
"larger vehicles" (trucks, small/mid/large SUVs, of course the subarus too).

I'm always amazed when I travel back east at how the parking lots and roads look different with more lower to the ground vehicles. It's funny sometimes because I'll be with a friend and say: "Who makes that car?"... they'll respond with something like "??? What... THAT one???? The Honda?... how do you not know what that car is???? They're all over the place!!!".... all I can answer with is... "Not in Colorado ;-)"

Oh yeah, lets not forget around here you'll see a lot more roof-racks... even on the limos sometimes.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post

I'm always amazed when I travel back east at how the parking lots and roads look different with more lower to the ground vehicles. It's funny sometimes because I'll be with a friend and say: "Who makes that car?"... they'll respond with something like "??? What... THAT one???? The Honda?... how do you not know what that car is???? They're all over the place!!!".... all I can answer with is... "Not in Colorado ;-)"

Oh yeah, lets not forget around here you'll see a lot more roof-racks... even on the limos sometimes.
Yeah, my mini-SUV came with a roof rack. We've probably used it about 6 times in the 5 years we've owned the car.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,091,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post

Funny - I don't see many large trucks/SUVs in the city. Maybe it's an urban thing.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:41 PM

402 posts, read 1,261,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Funny - I don't see many large trucks/SUVs in the city. Maybe it's an urban thing.
Could be... I don't spend that much time "downtown", so it's definitely possible there's a difference.

Which makes me think.... Denver seems to be pretty big on scooters.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:45 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,933,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Depends on the area. They seem to be quite popular in the majority Latino west/SW Denver neighborhoods. In the gentrified city neighborhoods, not so much.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:02 PM

116 posts, read 410,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Having lived in Seattle for a bit, Denver isn't even close (though to your credit, it's up there). There it seems like every other car is an Outback, a Forester, or a Toyota Prius.
I'll bet a steak Boulder has Seattle beat (per capita) by a HUGE margin. Flatirons Subaru in Boulder is the top-selling Sub' dealership in the country (or one of the highest) year over year. Just walk or drive around town. Subarus (and increasingly, Priuses, or are they Prii?) are the overwhelming majority of vehicles on the road. Audis take a close second. And then Toyota 4Runners.

But I can't stand Subarus, so maybe I'm just noticing how many there are. Why do I hate them, some might wonder? Well, they're overpriced, ergonomics suck, they're underpowered, have lame AWD systems, cramped interior spaces, low ground clearance/long wheelbase, clumsy and over-elongated bumpers (translates to crappy entry/exit angles) ... not to mention, I think they're ugly "station wagons." Oh, and the mpg for the Outback and Forester is worse/not much better than some "SUVs." But I digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: