Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 PM

3 posts, read 11,769 times

Advertisements

yea what he said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,291 times
Do you know for sure if it'll be a 24 hour McD's? Or that it will have a huge sign? I for one would like to have a place within walking distance that I can take my (almost) 4 year old for an ice cream. Besides, after one or two businesses show up, more will follow. I would also like to see a more upscale restaurant in that area, but I have no problem with a McD's to start.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Years ago when I lived in Aspen..the elitests screamed their discontent over a proposed McDonald's restaurant. For the past fifteen years one can now enjoy a Big Mac practically lift side--every time I'm in there it's packed--two story restaurant with views of the slopes upstairs--fighting the arches is like fighting God...If people with the kind of political clout in Pitkin County couldn't stop Micky D's than I doubt Commerce City has a shot..Besides every one loves Ronald and Grimace..

Last edited by Scott5280; 02-02-2009 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times
to make the OP's post more absurd, the land zoned for Commercial development is NOT smack dab in the middle of the sub-division. It is a small area of land to the south of the sub-division. Land that currently has one other commercial development A CAR WASH, one of the large ones that is loud. (we actually had a contract on the home just across from the car wash, the sound did not bother us lol. but had to pull our contract due to the inability of our current house to sell.) McDonald's in that sub-division located where the land is zoned commercial is NOT going to bother anyone, there is only 4 homes within a block to where that land is zoned commercial.

Here is a visual demonstration of the area currently zoned Commercial.

104th ave and 85 - Google Maps

From 104th ave. up north to 104th place in the map linked above is the north / south limits of the Commercial zone. East and west is 85 to the existing build to the west.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
It's amazing that McDonald's stays in business considering all the people who claim to never darken their doors! They must all be going through the drive-throughs! Everyone complains about McD's yet everyone seems to eat there!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
I consider MacDonald's my home away from home--if for only the restrooms. With my persistent health problems, I am always looking for the bathroom; and I know when I see those Yellow Golden Arches, I know relief is at hand. With all the Big Macs and other fine food that I have inhaled from this restaurant, I figure they can at least provide me with a clean rest stop, and they do. It does not hurt if I have to go and really go, then I stop to get another, and another, and another Big Mac.

Ah, it feels good at MacDonald's...

Livecontent

Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's amazing that McDonald's stays in business considering all the people who claim to never darken their doors! They must all be going through the drive-throughs! Everyone complains about McD's yet everyone seems to eat there!
I stop into McDonald's all the time for #1. Not the combo meal, that is.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Those with kids certainly know their way into McD's -- especially those with the playplaces!

Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,962 times
Having recently purchased a home in the area before the McDonalds announcment, I have no problem with it. Its not even "technically" in the development, its a great anchor to bring in other restaurants, and theyve done a great job at keeping it small, and putting some effort into the design of it. Thats the whole point of "New Urbanism" (which is the community you bought into). It means everything you could need including commercial developments within a walking distance. Porch lined streets, pocket parks, and a diverse range of housing and jobs.. Putting a Mc Donalds there is a start in the right direction. Im sure its not what you had in mind when you think of a restaurant in that area, but hopefully its an anchor that will make other commercial developments invest, and still bring success to family shops in the area.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,916 times
I'm loving it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver