U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 AM

809 posts, read 2,592,978 times

Advertisements

Does Denver have an cute/cozy restaurants that like either sit on a river or a lake or look out over the mountains????

The city I currently live in has a small river that runs through it and they have many cute little restaurants that are cozy and romantic that sit and overlook the river. I was wondering if there was anything comparable out in Denver???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 07:38 AM

13,213 posts, read 24,264,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Does Denver have an cute/cozy restaurants that like either sit on a river or a lake or look out over the mountains????

The city I currently live in has a small river that runs through it and they have many cute little restaurants that are cozy and romantic that sit and overlook the river. I was wondering if there was anything comparable out in Denver???
I don't know if there are any restaurants that overlook the South Platte, the river itself is pretty small and not super spectacular.

In Aurora, (the suburbs), near the intersection of Quincy/Parker there is the Emerald Isle. It overlooks Cherry Creek Reservoir, and has a great view of Mt. Evans and the Rockies. The food, to me, tasted like it came out of a microwave, but hey you have a nice view to make up for it.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM

3,530 posts, read 8,712,629 times
There are a few restaurants near Lookout Mountain. I just tried one on Christmas Eve called the Cody Inn. It was fantastic and actually situated on the top of Lookout Mountain where you can see our entire city, totally beautiful. I know there is another restaurant up there. In the summer, my husband and I often take picnics there.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 AM

7,090 posts, read 10,726,038 times
I love The Fort in Morrison and it's views, rustic cabin appearance, and great food. If you want something really upscale you can go up Baseline in Boulder (up the mountain) for The Flagstaff House. There is also the Red Lion Inn up Canyon road in Boulder, it's situated in a mountain valley with some great game food (and some weird stuff).

Hope some good ideas!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 AM

thanks for the suggestions so far!

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 AM

I heard the Fort was awesome but I've never been!!! Too bad Brittany Hill isn't around. The food/service was kinda s*cky, but the views were great at night. oh, just thought of another good one, Simms Landing on Union off of 6th Ave. I like their brunch that comes w/champagne and their views are pretty good.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,000,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I love The Fort in Morrison and it's views, rustic cabin appearance, and great food. If you want something really upscale you can go up Baseline in Boulder (up the mountain) for The Flagstaff House. There is also the Red Lion Inn up Canyon road in Boulder, it's situated in a mountain valley with some great game food (and some weird stuff).

Hope some good ideas!
I agree Flagstaff House is one of the best restaurants along the entire front range..Go early enough to watch the mountain shadows give way to the Boulder City lights below...Amazing wine list..Amazing food...totally worth the steep price tag..

Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM

Now my interest is totally spiked. And you said price tag, eh?

OP: For the places you are speaking about, are they all affordable spots?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:38 AM

92 posts, read 323,787 times
In downtown Evergreen, try Creekside Cellars. It's the tasting room for the winery of the same name, but it also has an italian deli that i think serves great food. I don't know if I'd call the place cosy, but it has a very relaxing atmosphere and a deck in the back that overlooks Bear Creek (ok, not a river, exactly) and so makes a perfect place to while away an afternoon when the weather's nice. Be forwarned, though: Snagging a table on the deck is not easy in the summer.

Disclaimer: I know the owners of the winery. Still, i wouldn't recommend their place on this board if i didn't think their place was worth it.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM

The cute cozy ones by me are moderate expensive to expensive. They're def not the cheapest places around. They have full wine lists and slightly more elaborate dinner dishes then just chicken fingers and fries :P One place I'm thinking of costs about $75-100 for two people to dine (with a couple of glasses of wine included) and the other is def more expensive.... I think my boyfriend and I spent almost $200 for a full dinner and some wine. SO around that range is what I'm thinking of and used to......

If anyone knows what the Signature Room is on top of the John Hancock building THAT is a super fancy place..... I don't necessarily mean a place like THAT (BUT DAMN, was it COOL to dine there! Awesome view of Chicago... amazing food.... amazing service.... amazing wine...... it was just plain amazing... and amazingly expensive!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or