U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 AM

14,489 posts, read 22,337,836 times

Advertisements

Hey, you gotta take your successes where you get em'.

In light of having a sense of humor about the whole Bronco thing, we can shake off a bad run and laugh too.

If the Ravens should be the AFC represent, I'll probably root for them to bring the Gold Ball back over to the AFC for a change. But without Shannon Sharpe, it won't be easy. The Ravens are living proof that you can succeed with a new coach and a fairly young (if not rookie) quarterback. We'll see what happens. Go Titans!

The Denver Broncos
The Colorado Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading towards the city of Denver.

For the first offense, they give you two Denver Bronco tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Denver Broncos.

Q. What do the Broncos and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 76,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ.'

Q. How do you keep a Denver Bronco out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What's the difference between the Denver broncos and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the Broncos and a possum have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 AM

719 posts, read 2,353,093 times
Great post, 'dog! Here's a post of mine from another thread worth repeating:
Here's the reality: According to ESPN and Biz Journal, the Broncos rank 7th in the NFL in team loyalty. Naw, not much influence, and not too many Bronco fans here... Are you a Rockies and/or an Avs fan? You can thank the success of the Broncos over the years for paving the way for getting those franchises to Denver.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 6,753,856 times
Oh! "McGowdog"!! you're killin' me!! I only can agree with the 4 quarters one. the rest are just painful!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hey, you gotta take your successes where you get em'.

In light of having a sense of humor about the whole Bronco thing, we can shake off a bad run and laugh too.

If the Ravens should be the AFC represent, I'll probably root for them to bring the Gold Ball back over to the AFC for a change. But without Shannon Sharpe, it won't be easy. The Ravens are living proof that you can succeed with a new coach and a fairly young (if not rookie) quarterback. We'll see what happens. Go Titans!

The Denver Broncos
The Colorado Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading towards the city of Denver.

For the first offense, they give you two Denver Bronco tickets. If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Denver Broncos.

Q. What do the Broncos and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 76,000 people stand up and yell 'Jesus Christ.'

Q. How do you keep a Denver Bronco out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What's the difference between the Denver broncos and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. What do the Broncos and a possum have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 PM

86,876 posts, read 102,269,915 times
A doc I work with gave me tickets to the Steelers-Broncos game last year (Oct. 07). There were more people in Steelers attire than in Broncos clothing. (I wore neither; oops, I don't mean I didn't wear clothes, just none that identified me.) Most of the people sitting around us were cheering for the Steelers. It was wierd. Buit hey, the Broncos won! It was my conversion from a Steelers fan to a Broncos fan, after 27 years here.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:55 PM

3,849 posts, read 6,753,856 times
I don't know who's letting these Steeler fans out! They're everywhere! I went to that game last year, as well as the AFC champ game 3 yrs ago- , there were sooooo many Steeler fans at both those games. and I went on a cruise last month and there was a huge group of them there, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A doc I work with gave me tickets to the Steelers-Broncos game last year (Oct. 07). There were more people in Steelers attire than in Broncos clothing. (I wore neither; oops, I don't mean I didn't wear clothes, just none that identified me.) Most of the people sitting around us were cheering for the Steelers. It was wierd. Buit hey, the Broncos won! It was my conversion from a Steelers fan to a Broncos fan, after 27 years here.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 22,337,836 times
And who's a bigger Steeler Fan than you, Sportsfangal? This weekend anyway.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 PM

1,115 posts, read 2,848,068 times
I just think football sucks.

To me it's a very, very Denver thing to see a bunch of fat guys wearing broncos jerseys, in a bar or restaurant, yelling at the TV. "YEAHHHHH!!!" "GO GO GO, YEAHHHHHHH!""""

Ha ha, sorry, had to say it. Football and it's fans are a great source of comedy.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:24 PM

719 posts, read 2,353,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thats because Broncos season ticket holders knew what was going to happen. They put their tickets back into the computer system, which in turn sold them. Same thing happened at the Broncos vs.Packers game during the Rockies last pathetic World Series game. Gad, I hope the coming coaching regime change will bring that ol' Orange Fever back!
Bet Katiana knows which NFL team ranks 1st in fan loyalty.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM

86,876 posts, read 102,269,915 times
^^^Well, I don't follow the stats, but I'd guess it's the Steelers!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 PM

164 posts, read 528,964 times
I'm NOT a Broncos fan. Being a contrarian and living in Denver means I kinda have to root against 'em, but they lose or foul things up so often that It's TOO easy and I feel bad for them. This season must have been particularly disappointing for the true fans.

I think that while talk radio rags on Jake Plummer and worships Cutler, it remains to be seen if the latter will even make it to the AFC Championship. But with the firing of the head coach, I think they'll be contenders in 2010--defense needs to be addressed. This rebuilding process will be fun to watch, and NOW is the time to jump on the bandwagon. Really, getting out from under the shadow of Elway is important. Yes he won 2 Super Bowls, but living 10 years in the past holds no water for the present day fans (especially some 9 year old kid who needs the magic of football NOW, not then). Plus, 1998 doesn't win you any games in 2009. The Raiders are in this painful rebuilding process, and it's kind of fun to watch. The Lions as well should be an interesting story in the next few years since they've bottomed out.
Actually, I like the league as a whole. I can find some thing to like about 20 of the teams, so it makes even watching out of town matchups enjoyable. Just following it for the last 20 years, it has so many great memories that it's hard to hate the game for the most part. There are favorite teams I have (Vikings and Bears) but there's always teams that are worth following during the season. The drama of the players, coaches, even owners is intriguing when one takes into account bodily harm, strategy (winning with avg. players--Belicheck), and even the economy (Buffalo playing a home game in Toronto to possibly increase fan base). All this stuff together makes football a great national pastime.

>>>>it's funny how after week 3 Hall of Fame comparisons were being brought up about Royal and Cutler<<<<<<

This town is definitely filled with great fans. You see Broncos apparel everywhere, and on TV the games seem to be really rocking.

Nope, not a broncos fan but you bet I'll be glued to all the playoff games to see the great drama unfold. Hopefully the Giants get knocked off---hate them too. Go Ravens, Titans, Steelers, Panthers, Cardinals!

R.I.P. Sammy Baugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver